Chapter 5-Celebration with the Boys

"Um, Ayanokouji-kun, can I ask you something?"

A girl with upper-back length brown hair approached me and asked me a question. If I remembered her correctly, which with my eidetic memory means that I did, her name was Satou Maya. I guess after my perfect performance in the swimming pool, I have attracted lots of attention. However, her question may be totally unrelated so I decided to answer her.

"Sure. What is it?"

"Um, well, you were really cool in that swimming pool, so I wondered if I could have your contact information?"

Oh, so she was on of those really thirsty bitches in our class, or what Matsuo likes to call them, a gold digger. In this case however, she doesn't want my money, she wants my body. I wondered if she was secretly an elementary student, as those are the only types of people who would form a crush on someone if they ran really fast or some other athletic feat.

"Well, thanks, but no. I suppose you're going to ask Koenji as well?"

"Oh, no, Koenji is was too narcissistic and is way too overbearing, but you're quite easy to approach." 

She was basically saying that she thinks that Koenji would give her a hard time, while I would probably give her my contact information. While it would be helpful to build up more control within my class, there's still the risk of her having an ulterior motive, even if I don't sense any. I also didn't want to build the image that I was a pushover, so giving her my contact information would set a bad precedent.

"Mmm, well I don't really know you and I don't feel like knowing you so yeah, no."

I rejected in a slightly harsh way to make sure that she would stop bitching around me, and it looked like it worked. She was looking down at the ground, ashamed of herself. Wait, was that shame? Don't tell me she's blushi-

"Well, that's too bad. I'll just ask you next time then!" She waved at me and then left swiftly.

Fuck.

━┳━ ━┳━

Today was another day at judo club with the boys. At least, that's what we started calling ourselves. The boys referring to the members of the judo club. However, today was a special day for one of our members.

"Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday to you.

Happy birthday to John Lee,

happy birthday to you!"

"Woooo! Less gooooo!" John shouted.

Today was April 10, which happened to be John's birthday. This was my first time celebrating someone's birthday, and the first time I gave anyone a present. It was a pleasant, new experience, one which didn't betray my expectations. The boys were quite lively and excited, making an atmosphere befitting that of a celebration.

"Yooo, this cake is so huge, just like your mo-"

"No." Harambe cut him off before John could make another 'your mom' joke. Although it was getting slightly repetitive, I couldn't say that I didn't enjoy this inside joke that we have going on.

"Dude we spent so many points on this cake, with your favorite blueberry flavor as well! Don't ruin it with a 'your mom' joke!" Kazuma exclaimed.