His addiction

The next few weeks were quite weird, to be honest. Training, eating, sleeping and being followed by Simon.

I kept wondering about him every moment after that unforgettable night. As much as I thought that all my dreams were going to come true, experiencing him avoiding me once again made me realize that the situation was a lot more complicated than I had imagined.

The truth was, I did not really think he was keeping himself away from me, even though he did seem to be. I would often find him looking directly at me when I was searching for him in a room.

And that made me feel appreciated for the first time in my life.

But most of the time, I felt embarrassed whenever I had to speak to him. I have to admit that even though our conversations were quite short, the soft tone of his voice and his warm words made me feel even more attracted to him.

But I got tired of reading his mixed signals so I decided to take things into my own hands and end this whole mess. And I am sure that not paying that much attention to him made him feel jealous and guilty.

...

"So here is the plan, we go in, we take those documents and leave. No one needs to get hurt or die" Price explained our upcoming mission.

"So no action?" I raised my voice.

"I don't think you need more action, Heroin" Ghost, like every other time, appeared out of the darkness and interrupted our conversation.

"Didn't ask for your opinion, Ghost," was the first thing I blurted out while staring at his once again cold eyes.

"You two, stop fighting so much" As soon as I looked at Soap with my killer eyes, it was obvious that he was regretting what he had said.

"Anyways" Price continued " You will find two helicopters waiting outside the city when you have gathered all the necessary information. Just remember, stay unnoticed"

And with that our new mission began. Even though I was not worried, a constant fear of something going wrong lingered in the back of my mind. Just like Ghost, it was following me at every moment.

...

After a few days, we got to our camp, which was pretty close to the city. We settled in and began to gain a better understanding of what awaited us.

...

That night before the mission was something that I will never forget. It was quite late and the constant snoring in our shared tent made me lose my mind. No peace at all for a woman like me.

As a result, I secretly snuck out of it without waking anyone, only to find the silhouette of a man sitting next to a small bonfire.

Of course it was Ghost.

At first it seemed like he hadn't noticed me. I attempted to leave the place without making any noise, but unfortunately after a few moments I heard his rough voice.

"Where do you think you are going?"

"A local bar is the only place I can go to forget what a big asshole you are"

"Sit down" The look on his face indicated that he had had enough of me at that point.

So I did as he told me, thinking that we would spend the whole night sitting in silence.

"You should go back and get some rest before tomorrow," he instructed.

"Is that all?" I paused for a moment after continuing "I can't really sleep these days"

"Why don't you go get some sleep, Simon?" I didn't know if calling him Simon was the right choice. I met his gaze and I wasn't sure if he was annoyed or just tired of my bullshit.

"Follow my orders, Y/N"

"Do I have to?"

"It is a must"

"Fuck your orders, Ghost, I am not your toy that you can play around with at any time you want" I stated but I didn't really mean my words.

...

The most exciting part about all of this was the fact that our camp was located close to the woods. It reminded me of the other side of my childhood that I had forgotten about. How I used to sneak out of the house, run through the forest for hours and hours.

Despite this forest being frightening, I heard some relaxing sounds such as chirping insects, the creaking of branches. The smell of trees, rotting wood, and the scent of the wind let me clear my mind. And after doing some exploring I found a small lake.

My first intention was to simply sit down and relax, but after hearing Simon behind the trees I changed my mind.

And after a few moments I was already naked and ready to go for a swim. In fact, I could feel the gaze of his eyes.

"Would you like to join me?" My voice was filled with some elements of seduction.

He remained silent, but I knew sooner or later he wouldn't be able to resist the urge to touch me.

The dock on the lake was right there, so I jumped into the water. I still remember how cold the water was compared to what I had expected. The pressure that had built up in my body over the last few weeks was finally starting to ease. I finally wasn't a slave to my own thoughts.It felt as if I was completely surrounded by icy spikes all over my body.

It wasn't long before I heard a splash of water, which meant that Simon couldn't resist the temptation to get even closer to me. Just like that other night.

His gentle touch on my waist reminded me how much I really missed him. Hugging me from behind, he held me and I could tell he wasn't planning to let me go anytime soon.

Maybe we really were each other's heroin.

Maybe I was his addiction.

It was the most wonderful moment of my life. Such silence, such darkness. It was as if the world had stopped and only we were able to enjoy this night.

Finally, Simon turned me around and held me even tighter to his chest. Even at that moment, he was wearing his mask. I wanted to tear it off and throw it away. I wanted to kiss his eyes, his nose, his eyebrows, and most importantly his soft lips. But I continued to hug his neck and tried to analyze those eyes, what they were hiding from me and what they were about to reveal.

I can't even imagine how much time we spent looking at each other like that. And finally, I couldn't control myself anymore.

I gently pulled his mask up. Now we were waiting for our lips to touch.

But I hesitated to kiss him. I didn't want to be the first one to do it. I wanted to make sure there was more than a few innocent, meaningless kisses between us. There was a part of me that craved to know how much he cared for me.

I could feel his heart beating faster and faster. In his eyes I saw the pain of his past, his sadness - I finally realized how similar we were.

Second by second, the tension between us grew until I didn't even notice how close we were to each other.

And then, like an electric shock, I felt his kiss. I put my hands on his cheeks, gently stroking them all the time. At that moment, I realized that even though I didn't believe in love, perhaps I could try to allow this feeling to touch my cold heart. The only thing I had to do was give Simon a chance in the way he decided to give it to me.

Even though we had kissed before, this time our lips touched in a different way. It was like a gentle breeze on a hot summer day. Like a promise that everything would be fine.

And the things I would do so I could feel that promise once again.

His strong touch, his naked body against mine. For the first time in my life, I felt like I had nothing to fear. I was in his arms and hoped to stay there for all eternity. I desired him more than anything else, and I was surprised to discover just how much of a change I had undergone because of him. Even though I knew that he fought his biggest battle against the world at every turn, Simon made me see life from a completely different perspective.

"Never let me go" I whispered in his ear.

"I never planned to" he replied as he continued to hold me tighter and tighter.