One last time

I rushed upstairs, my heart pounding and my mind racing. I knew I had to pack my things and leave before Simon came back.

I didn't want to face him again, not after what he had said to me so I quickly grabbed my duffel bag and started shoving clothes into it, not even taking the time to fold them properly.

As I rummaged through my closet, I found my old military uniform. I hesitated for a moment, but then I realized that this was who I truly was.

I instantly changed into it, feeling a sense of comfort and familiarity wash over me. I then walked to the window and looked out. My eyes were filled with tears as I saw Simon in the distance, walking our dog Foap.

The sight of him made my heart ache, and I could feel the pain radiating through my entire body.

...

Simon walked aimlessly, lost in his thoughts, replaying our argument over and over in his mind. He was so angry and hurt because I lashed out at him, but now that he was alone with his thoughts, he began to question his decision to leave.

He couldn't shake the feeling he had made a mistake.

As Simon walked, he couldn't bear the thought of losing me, of not having me by his side every day. He had always known our lives were dangerous, but he had never imagined it would come between us like that.

As he wandered, he felt a pang of guilt and regret in his chest. He knew he had said some hurtful things, things he couldn't take back.

And then something in him began to shift.

He realized that he didn't want to lose me, that he loved me more than anything else in the world.

He knew he needed some time to process everything, to sort through his feelings and come to a decision, but deep down, he knew what he wanted.

He wanted me.

"What have I done..." He whispered softly, feeling tears forming in his eyes.

And so, with determination, Simon turned around and ran back to the house. He had to find me, to tell me how he felt, to make things right between us. He had to make me see that he would choose me over anything else, that he would do whatever it took to make things work between us.

As he reached the door, he hesitated for a moment, taking a deep breath to steady his nerves. But then he pushed the door open and stepped inside, ready to face whatever lay ahead.

"Y/N?"

"Y/N, I'm so sorry"

"Sweetheart?"

Simon looked around the house, scanning every corner and every room, but there was no sign of me. He called out my name again, hoping I would answer him, but the only sound he could hear was the echo of his own voice bouncing off the walls.

Suddenly, the noise of a vehicle starting up outside reached his ears, and his heart sank as he realized it was our car. He rushed to the door, flung it open, and burst out onto the porch. Simon saw our car slowly moving away, and he felt like he was watching his life slip away from him.

...

As I drove away from the house, tears streamed down my face and my heart ached with unbearable pain. I couldn't look back, afraid of what I might see. But as I wiped my tears away, I couldn't resist the urge to glance in the rearview mirror.

And then I saw him.

I saw Simon rush out of the house and stare at the car with disbelief as if he couldn't comprehend what was happening.