Their enemy

Simon was lying next to my tombstone, under a tree near our house. It was early in the morning and the sky was orange as the sun was slowly rising. The grass was wet with dew and a gentle breeze moved through the leaves, making them sway lightly above him.

Lost in his thoughts, he gazed up at the sky, feeling the sun's warmth on his skin.

He was thinking about how it had already been two and a half years since my death. It felt like just yesterday that he received the news that I was gone, and yet here he was, alone by my tombstone.

But the pain of my loss was still fresh. And despite the passing of time, he couldn't help but feel as though a part of him had died with me. Every day was a struggle to get out of bed and face the world without me by his side.

He wasn't a human anymore, he was a real ghost.

But as he lay there for what felt like an eternity, Simon heard the sound of a vehicle approaching. He immediately stood up and wondered who decided it would be a good idea to visit him.

Simon looked over to see a car slowly moving up the gravel driveway that led to our cottage house. It eventually came to a stop, and Simon could see Soap getting out of the driver's seat.

"Hey Simon, how's it going?" Soap asked as he approached him.

But Simon didn't say anything, he just continued to stare off into the distance, lost in his thoughts.

"What do you want?" The silence that followed was deafening and the air between them was thick with tension.

"It has been months since the last time I saw you" Soap said and shielded his eyes from the sunlight.

"Anyways, I thought we could go get a drink or something" He suggested, knowing Simon would probably say no.

But to Soap's surprise, Simon looked at him for a moment before nodding his head.

Simon then grabbed our dog Foap, who had been lying next to him the whole time. He followed him over to the car and got into the passenger seat.

...

They sat in silence as the car drove down the narrow, winding roads that led to the small town. Simon stared out the window the whole time barely paying attention to the passing scenery. Soap tried to talk, but Simon only responded with a few words or ignored him altogether.

It was hard for both of them and neither of them knew how to break the silence.

As they approached the bar, Simon's attention was drawn to memories of the last time we went there together. He remembered how much fun we had, how much we laughed and joked.

He wondered how he could have been so happy then, and yet now he felt so empty.

When they walked into the bar, Simon was surprised to see Price, Gaz, Rudy, and Alejandro gathered around a table. He frowned for a second, wondering why Soap didn't mention they would be waiting for them. Sensing something was wrong he sat down beside Soap and greeted his old teammates with a curt nod.

"It is good to see you, Simon" Price's welcoming voice reminded Simon of the good old times.

"Get straight to the point" His tone was aggressive, his eyes sharp.

Price hesitated for a moment, then leaned in closer and began to speak in a low, serious tone.

"We've been following a terrorist group for the past two months. The same one we lost track of when..." He trailed off, glancing at Soap before continuing "When Y/N got killed"

"We finally know who the leader is, and we have some other details. We thought you should know" Alejandro added.

Simon tensed at the mention of my name, but he said nothing. He was still as ice, as he couldn't believe someone dared to say my name.