Too good to be true

[a/n] Hey, loves, just wanted to say a huge thanks for all the support! A quick question tho - is it okay if the story has 50+ chapters? So many ideas in my head and I don't want my children to get bored of reading too much <3

...

As I was walking up the stairs I couldn't stop myself from thinking about what happened between me and Soap. I was sure I could trust him but I still had some doubts about my decision to share that pain with someone else. I wasn't used to doing that but I guessed it had to be done in order to start healing.

Consumed by my thoughts I didn't even notice how I got into my room. My tears were already dried on my face, which reminded me how vulnerable I was just a few seconds ago.

In a way I was relieved, but I also felt disgusted by myself.

But I just shook my head in disappointment, tired of feeling like that, and walked to the bathroom. As I opened the door I saw myself in the mirror.

"Pussy" I murmured to myself as I slammed the door.

I then turned on the shower and waited for the water to warm up, rubbing my eyes and yawning as I leaned against the wall. I adjusted the temperature to a balance between hot and cold and in a slow, unhurried pace, I stepped into the shower and closed my eyes, allowing the steam to envelop me in a warm embrace.

I took my time, enjoying the feeling of water and soap on my skin. I could feel the tension leaving my body as the warm water cascaded over me, easing the stress from my tired muscles and clearing my head of the day's worries.

The world finally seemed to fade away, leaving only the gentle murmur of the shower. I was finally free of my own mind.

After a while, I rinsed off and stepped out of the shower. I reached for a fluffy towel and wrapped it around myself, feeling the softness against my skin. Only then did I remember I had promised Simon to come and visit him. So I quickly turned off the shower, dried my face a bit and was ready to put on some clothes.

But to my surprise Simon had already taken care of it - as I opened the door of my bathroom I faced him sitting on my bed and waiting for me to leave the shower.

"You motherfucker" I said in shock as I was still dripping wet.

Even though Simon was wearing his mask, I could still see him smiling. He then gestured for me to come sit beside him and so I listened to his orders.

We spent some time in silence, appreciating each other and enjoying another moment of us being together. I then leaned my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes, feeling like there was no pain left in this world for both of us.

Every day I could feel a storm raging deep inside my soul. But when I was surrounded by Simon, I felt like I could live a peaceful life.

The fact that he was with me once again calmed my racing heart. The thought of him being by my side, still being able to breathe, to live brought me comfort and a sense of security.

He was my biggest addiction.

He was my everything.

While I was lost in my thoughts I didn't even notice how he grabbed my hand and started gently rubbing the skin of it. As if he was trying to make me calm down and finally feel at peace. His touch filled me with warm comfort, which gave me a chance to simply exist in the moment.

"Come here, sweetheart" He whispered in a soft voice.

It was such a special moment as we lay together on my bed, me being completely surrounded by his warmth. Our skin was touching and I could feel the heat radiating off of him and his breath was so slow and steady.

During that moment I forgot all the pain I had in my soul. It seemed like we were never apart, and I never lost my true self. It felt like everything was erased from my memory, except for the most precious memories of him.

We gazed into each other's eyes and shared a moment of complete and utter intimacy, where no words were needed. We felt connected, as if we were one, and the vulnerability of being in such a state only enhanced the connection we had.

This bond was so deep, so passionate, and so real that it was almost impossible to describe it in words.

Without even speaking, we both knew that no one would ever be able to separate us from each other.

And all of this seemed too good to be true.

But if only I had known that Simon was so lost in that moment. He still couldn't understand how he would ever be able to live with the fact that our little future was taken away from us so fast.

But from the moment he heard the conversation between Soap and me, he promised himself to keep me by his side for the rest of his life. In a way he felt guilty for not being able to protect me and the other part of us. He understood how I must have felt after losing our baby and he was ready to give me all the support I needed. But his decision to never bring up those details was final. He convinced himself that talking about it would hurt us both, especially me. Though he knew I was right - that baby would have turned his life upside down. It would have changed the real him.

And he never wished for it to happen.