Your present

With a flick of my lighter, I brought the end of my cigarette to life, the tip glowing in the darkness. As I inhaled, smoke filled my lungs and as I exhaled smoke escaped my lips in a slow, steady stream. Simon stood right behind me, his hands wrapped around my waist. I could feel the warmth of his breath and the slight pressure of his chest against my back. His hands felt strong yet gentle, his touch reassuring and calming.

The night sky was alive with stars and the moon cast a pale light over us. The cool night air felt refreshing against my skin as I stood next to my open window. I gazed up at the stars, feeling a sense of wonder as I marveled at the vastness of the universe and my insignificance in comparison.

"What's on your mind, sweetheart?" Simon whispered, his voice rough but comforting.

"I'm thinking about us. How far we have come since the beginning. We have been through so much together, the good and the bad. And I can't thank you enough for staying by my side all this time" I leaned my head against his chest and closed my eyes.

"You will never get rid of me, Y/N. We are now stuck together" He spoke quietly and gently kissed me on the cheek.

"Yeah, but..." I opened my eyes as the warm glow of the flame illuminated my face. As I drew in the smoke, I felt my body relax, the tight knot in my stomach loosening.

"But what?"

"I feel like someone is trying to separate us" I expressed my worries and turned around to face Simon.

"Hmm" Was all he said before continuing "As I said, no one will take me away from you" His gaze was so intense yet so soft.

"She is up to no good, Simon, I can feel it. And it is not all about you, it is something else" I whispered as I wrapped my hands around his neck.

He noticed how worried I was, how stressful all of that was for me. Simon hugged me tightly as if it would protect me from all the harm that was coming my way. I could feel his heart thumping against my chest, his chin resting on my head.

"She is a brainless fuck, she has no chance" A slight chuckle escaped his lips.

"A brainless fuck? Is that how you are going to call her?" I pushed myself back a bit and looked into his eyes. Those beautiful eyes.

"Just saying facts" Simon replied, feeling proud of naming her that way.

A slight smile formed on my face and I nodded in agreement. I took one final puff of my cigar, savoring the rich, earthy flavor that had filled my mouth. After gently tapping the cigar on the ashtray, I threw it away.

"And how did you name Alejandro?" I seductively gazed at him.

I saw his eyes change as I reminded him once again that no one could stop another man from flirting with me. And even though he was wearing his ghost mask, I could still see jealousy covering his face.

"He will regret touching you like this" I felt his grip grow stronger.

"It wasn't his fault, Simon. Promise me to leave that poor man alone" I ran my fingers through the skin of his neck as I asked.

"I will forgive him this time, but if it happens again, not even you will be able to save him" His voice was full of seriousness but I knew he just wanted to show who was the real boss.

"Sure thing, Simon" I leaned closer to him and put a gentle kiss on his masked lips.

In silence, we spent some more time admiring the night's beauty. No music from the party could be heard and the sudden feeling of tiredness enveloped our bodies. As we lay together on my bed, completely naked and surrounded by each other's warmth, we felt completely at peace. We cuddled up and held each other tight, not wanting to let go of that special moment.

As I felt his heart, I began to sink into my own thoughts. Every moment we shared together, the day we met for the first time, came flooding back to me. I remembered all of my regrets, the feeling of guilt but as he stroked my back, I realised I couldn't run away from my past and future.

All I had was my present, my Simon.

And just like that, I felt his warmth wrap around me like a blanket and his breathing slowly lulling me into a deep sleep, my worries and doubts fading away into nothingness.

...

I felt a sense of warmth and calm come over me as the sun shone through my window. The rays of light danced upon my walls, even the darkest corners of my room were illuminated, and the shadows around me seemed to vanish.

But as I looked around my room, Simon was nowhere to be seen.

"Simon?"

I heard no response, so I checked the bathroom but there was no sign of him. I began to worry, wondering if something had happened to him and why he had left without telling me. But I decided it would be best if for once I stopped overthinking.

Afterwards, I took a shower and performed my morning routine as usual. I checked my watch and it showed 11am - I wasn't surprised.

Once again, I remembered all the disgusting and naughty moments from last night. However, the sound of my stomach growling reminded me that I hadn't had breakfast yet.

...

As I entered the dining room, I saw Soap sitting at the table, having his breakfast.

"Good morning, princess" I teased him as I gave him a hug from behind.

"Don't scare me like that" He said as he playfully pushed me away and smiled.

"My princess doesn't like surprises, I see" I continued teasing him as I checked the fridge, but after not finding any food I had to be grateful some coffee was still left.

After getting my coffee, I walked over to where he was sitting and took a seat right next to him. As I settled in, I placed my elbow on the table and picked up my cup. The steam rising from it was hot, so I gently blew on it to cool it down before taking a sip.

"What are you watching?" I tried to start a conversation as I noticed weird sounds coming from his phone.

"Ah, it's called TikTok" He said as he showed me some random video.

"Okay..." I honestly didn't know how to respond and so I changed the topic "By the way, have you seen Simon?"

"Yeah, I saw him leave this morning" He replied as he turned off his phone.

"Leave?"

"Don't know where he was going, but it seemed he wanted to be unnoticed" He explained, clearly being just as confused as me.

"Did you tell him about...?"

"No" I interrupted him as I realised what he had in mind.

He nodded his head in agreement and took another bite of his sandwich.

All of that raised even more questions as I didn't know what he was planning on doing.

But it was my Simon, I had to trust him.