Three

" Drop him! "

" Drop him! "

THE GROUP OF FIVE gathered their belongings and changed into regular Narnian outfits. Olivia wore a blue dress the colour faded and turned white as it got to the bare. She had placed her spear on her saddle and adjusted her bow and arrows on her back.

After the initial shock, the children managed to leave the ruins and return to the beach. When they got to the sand, on top of a rock, they got surprised by two men in armour holding a dwarf, ready to throw him off their boat.

Susan, always quick to take action, didn't take long to grab an arrow and shoot. She purposely shot the wood instead of one of the men, out of warning.

" Drop him! " - She yelled, and Olivia signed at the poor choice of words. The two men threw the dwarf into the water, and the boys started running to grab him.

Susan shot one of them, and Olivia was about to shoot the other one when he was quick and jumped in the water. Peter jumped into the water too and swam after the tied-up blonde dwarf.

Edmund ran into the river and grabbed the boat by the rope, and Olivia went to assist him. Together, they got the brown boat to the shore. Peter placed the dwarf safely back on the sand, and Lucy crouched next to him to cut the rope with her dagger.

The dwarf gagged and turned, coughing and getting the water out of his lungs. He got up to his feet, and threw the rope on the ground, angrily.

" Drop him?! That's the best you can come up with? " - He yelled, angrily.

Susan scoffed. - " A simple thank you would suffice. " - And Olivia complimented: " I believe 'thank you' is not in his vocabulary. "

" They were doing fine drowning me without your help. " - The dwarf complained.

" Well, I'm about to finish their job- " - Olivia started charging towards him, but Edmund held her back, grabbing her arms and she debated against his grip.

" Easy there. " - He whispered in her ear, making the butterflies roam freely around her stomach, but she held her posture. She calmed down, and Edmund let her go.

" Why were they trying to kill you, anyway? " - Asked Lucy.

" They're Telmarines. That's what they do. " - The shortest one stated.

" Telmarines? In Narnia? " - Asked Edmund.

" Where have you been for the last hundred years? " - Asked the dwarf, grumpily.

" It's a bit of a long story. " - Smiled Lucy. Susan gave Peter back his sword, and the dwarf looked at the movement. He kept his gaze on Father Christmas' gift before his mind snapped in realisation.

" Oh, you've got to be kidding me. " - He started, looking at the five children looking brave and mighty. - " You're it? You're the kings and queens of old? "

" High King Peter, the magnificent. " - Stated the eldest, stepping forward. He held out his hand for the dwarf to shake it, but he just stared at it weirdly.

" You probably could've left off the last bit. " - Grinned Susan, and Olivia held her laugh with the back of her hand. The dwarf laughed and agreed: " Probably. "

" You might be surprised. " - Said Peter, unsheathing his sword.

" Oh, you don't want to do that boy. " - Snarked the dwarf, and Olivia crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow.

" Not me, him. " - Peter turned to his younger brother, who unsheathed his sword too. Peter handed the dwarf his sword, who had difficulty holding it at first.

The other four children stepped back, letting the duel begin. The dwarf was first to charge, getting Edmund by surprise. He managed to defend it with his sword, but the dwarf was quick and aimed for the head.

The dwarf elbowed Edmund, who stepped back in surprise. Lucy and Olivia screamed Edmund's name, but he continued with his posture.

" You all right? " - asked the dwarf sarcastically, who charged towards Edmund, and he dodged and quickly went to his back, hitting the dwarf on the back.

The dwarf growled and charged again. Edmund easily dodged three attacks in a row and advanced with his sword. He consequently hit the dwarf's sword, without giving himself space to think. He disarmed him after doing a circle and attacking again and positioned his sword in a deadly position.

The dwarf stared in shock, his mouth wide open. He looked up and down Edmund Pevensie.

" Beards and Bedsteads! Maybe that horn worked after all. " - Said the dwarf in realisation.

Olivia stepped forward, and asked: " What horn? "

—-👑—-

The group of six gathered around the boat and hopped aboard. Peter was rowing the boat, and the children looked around the skyline. Susan, Lucy and Trumpkin were at the front, while Olivia and Edmund sat at the back. It was a quiet ride until Lucy broke the silence:

" They're so still. " - She said, referring to the trees.

" They're trees; what'd you expect? " - Said Trumpkin as they passed by a waterfall.

" They used to dance. " - Answered Lucy and Olivia complimented: " It was lovely. "

Trumpkin looked at the two girls, the one by his side and the girl who laid her head on Ed's shoulder. - " It wasn't long after you left that the Telmarines invaded. Those who survived retreated to the woods. And the trees, they retreated so deep into themselves that they haven't been heard from since. "

" I don't understand; how could Aslan let this happen? " - asked Lucy out loud. Without realising, Olivia held the small lion pendant around her neck.

" Aslan? I thought he abandoned us when you lot did. " - There was an awkward silence hanging in the air until Peter sliced it with his words:

" We didn't mean to leave, you know. " - Olivia noticed a bit of tension in his voice, but it was the truth. They all had forgotten about England and their families.

" Makes no difference now, does it? " - Trumpkin said without averting his gaze from the crystal clear water below.

" Get us to the Narnians... and it will. "