Epilogue

" Is this how we end?"

" NEXT! "

The old man looked at Olivia's passport, and then Edmund's, and let them go. He waved his hand and the two passed his booth, and they met up with the other 3 Pevensies, who awaited them past the booths and lines leading to the railway.

The group of five were in a train station in London. Where were they going? Switzerland. They all had their bags in their hands and smiled at each other. They were all older now, with Peter and Susan having graduated college and Edmund and Olivia and Lucy much taller than before.

" Took you both long enough. " - Lucy said, crossing her arms playfully. Edmund and Lucy laughed together, and Olivia frowned.

" You two are very happy for people who are about to die. " - She responded, an eyebrow raised.

" Do not use the word 'death', I use the word passage. " - Peter responded Olivia.

" Well, It's still going to hurt like death. " - Olivia retorted, crossing her arms back.

" Aslan would never. I am sure this shall be quick and painless. " - Susan answered with a sign.

" We do not even know if we are dying. " - Edmund said, raising his hands in the air.

" Aslan left it pretty clear, I believe. He said our time had come and that we would, and I quote, 'meet him in his country.', and people only go there when they die. " - Susan responded to her brother.

" And, we know our dreams with him weren't a hallucination because of these train tickets. " - Olivia pointed at the piece of paper in her hands. - " 'Cause they magically appeared in our houses. "

" Yes, yes. We all dreamed with Aslan, he told us the same things, that our time was up and we had to go to his country and we should get this specific train, magical tickets, we've already gone over this. What I do not understand, is how four people can be so late! Where are Jill, Eustace, Digory and Polly? " - Peter explained, adjusting his new glasses up his nose.

As he said that, four people came running towards the group of five. The four missing friends of Narnia stopped on their tracks and caught their breaths.

" Have we missed it? " - Asked Eustace, brushing the dirt off his clothes. Digory Kirke went and stood next to his granddaughter, kissing the top of her head.

They looked to the platform, where a big train was arriving. It stopped, and Edmund looked at his watch. - " Barely. " - He responded to his cousin.

" Everyone ready? " - Lucy asked the rest, gulping. Everybody nodded, and they headed towards the door.

They found themselves in an empty cabin inside the train, placed their bags on top of their heads and sat down. Jill Pole, Eustace's friend from school who had gone to Narnia with him last year and was now a friend of Narnia too, looked out the window. She looked at all the people boarding the train, looking happy and actually thinking they were going to Switzerland.

" It makes me sad. All these people... they do not know they are being led to their deaths. " - Jill muttered.

Polly Plummer, Digory's friend and other friend of Narnia, placed her hand on Jill's shoulder. - " Oh, dear. They are going to a better place. Aslan's country. They will be eternally happy there. Their time has ended, dear, and so has ours. "

Jill sniffed. - " I know. " - And she leaned against Polly's shoulder.

About 15 minutes later, the train left the station. It was a nice view, but the cabin was solemn and sad and nobody spoke a word. They were all anxious. Would it be painful? Would it be a trap? All they could do, was trust Aslan. And then one hour worth of travel went by, and Eustace and Jill fell asleep. Susan read a book, Edmund looked out the window solemnly as he held Olivia's hand.

Olivia poked Edmund's shoulder, and shook her head towards the outside of the cabin. Edmund nodded, and they both left the small place. They found another cabin, which was empty, and then headed inside. Olivia entered first, and they both simply stood next to each other and looked out the window.

" Is this how we end? " - Olivia asked. She did not look towards Edmund. - " Just like that? We dream about Aslan coming to us, saying our time is up, and that we should board this specific train and we will go to his country? "

" I know it doesn't seem like a kind of glorious death. But it is a peaceful one, and I count it as a victory. " - Edmund responded.

" It just... seems silly. I wonder if it just wasn't some collective hallucination, and we all forgot we had bought tickets to go to switzerland. "

" Unlikely. Susan never forgets anything. " - Edmund said with a chuckle. Olivia giggled, and the sound made Edmund all warm inside.

The boy turned his body towards the love of his life. She did the same, and their hands locked as their gazes combined.

" I love you so much. " - Edmund whispered, kissing the top of Olivia's head.

" I love you more. " - Olivia muttered, and their lips sealed. When they broke apart, they both swore that for almost two seconds, they saw the younger version of one another: Olivia with that baby blue cloak and the flower crown from when they first met, Edmund with that girlish coat and that maroon shirt.

It was the last thing they saw in their world: eachother.

And the train crashed. They all died. The 9 friends of Narnia were greeted by Aslan in the end, and entered his realm. Aslan's country.

It was their perfect happily ever after. The best family, the best place, the best love.

Edmund and Olivia. Forever together in Aslan's country. The happy family. Together forever.

 Together forever