Nine

" I wasn't expecting you to

" I wasn't expecting you to. "

AFTER SOME TIME, the court had discovered the truth about Prince Corin. The true prince had eventually come back with a black eye, a tooth missing and dirty clothing. He explained that he had entered a fight, because he had heard people calling Queen Susan names. But eventually, it got out of control. The poor boy who had been mistaken for Corin was actually a random Calormene called Shasta, who was too shy to reveal who he really was.

At dawn, the Narnian ship was ready to sail. At midnight, the Splendour Hyaline set sail, and the court was away from that devilish city that is Tashbaan. Susan, Edmund and Olivia arrived safe and sound at Cair Paravel, where they were greeted by a worried Lucy and a letter from Peter.

Unfortunately, the high king was very busy dealing with the giants of the north. He had grown especially angry with them after their attempt of kidnapping Lucy and the success of kidnapping Olivia. Now that they were out for trouble again, Peter just had to deal with them himself.

But, he was really glad that his sister, his brother, and the girl he considered to be his sister were back to the castle safe and sound.

But not one day after their arrival, a stag came to the castle with grave news. He informed that Rabadash, with two hundred men, were charging towards the castle and they were looking for the queen Susan.

Edmund, Olivia and Lucy did not take long before changing into armour and grabbing their weapons, not fearing what was ahead. Peridan was leading the way to Anvard, who according to Chervy the stag, were where the prince and the 200 men were. The lord carried the flag of the golden lion in the red background, with right behind him Lucy, Edmund and Olivia in three chargers and Prince Corin in a pony. And after that, came the body of the army, which consisted of many creatures like centaurs, bears, talking dogs, ordinary horses, talking horses and good giants.

" Time for a halt and a morsel! " - Yelled Olivia as they reached the cottage, and people began to dismount their horses. As usual, she was the leader of the army of battle.

Edmund dismounted his horse, and so did Olivia. They walked to Prince Corin, who had rushed to meet a boy who was standing next to the cottage with two dwarfs.

" Who's your friend? " - Asked Edmund to the prince, and Olivia raised her eyebrow. Seriously? They look exactly the same!

" This is the boy you mistook me for in Tashbaan, " - Corin responded. - " My double. "

" Why, so he is! " - Exclaimed Lucy from behind Edmund and Olivia - " It almost looks like you are twins. This is marvellous! "

" Your majesty, " - Bowed Shasta - " I was no traitor, really I wasn't. And I couldn't help hearing your plans. But I never even dreamed about telling them to your enemies! "

" Don't worry, boy. " - Said Olivia. - " We know you were no traitor. All is well. " - She laid her hand on the boy's shoulder. He beamed excitedly, and bowed again, glad to not be mistaken for a traitor.

Corin, Edmund, Lucy and Olivia eventually excused themselves away from Shasta, and he had lost the four out of his sight. But Prince Corin wasn't a difficult boy to spot.

When the king and queens of Narnia had turned away for one moment, Prince Corin was at the throat of Thornbut the dwarf, fighting.

As soon as they heard the sounds of fighting, Thornbut the dwarf had stepped on a stone and fallen to the ground, he had broken his nose and hurt his ankle, which meant Narnia was out of another warrior.

Edmund scolded the young prince, saying that he was reckless and that this attitude of his should stop. Corin was aggressive and reckless, and Edmund was very tired and sick of it.

The fauns came and helped the dwarf with his armour, so his body felt a little bit less heavy.

" I'm sorry I don't have my cordial with me, Peter has instructed me to not take it to all battles I go, for it is too precious. " - Said queen Lucy.

" See what you have done? - " Said Olivia - " You have deprived us of a noble warrior on top of a battle. "

" I'll take his place! " - Beamed Corin.

Edmund was about to speak, but Olivia cut him off. - " No! You won't! You will follow what was instructed, and you will stay behind! Understand the consequences of your actions. "

" But, your majesty- "

" My word is final. You won't go to battle. Challenge me and my words, and you won't see the daylight again. " - Olivia gave the final sentence, and she was called by a dwarf and left.

" You know, you shouldn't have been so hard on him. " - Said Edmund as he walked by Olivia's side.

" I wasn't. " - She scowled. Edmund stopped in his tracks and grinned. Olivia stopped a few steps further, and she looked back at the boy.

" You weren't? " - He asked, grinning like a childish boy.

" I might have been, but it was for his own good. Corin is immature and irresponsible, and he can't be king of Archenland with that attitude of his, picking fights left and right. " - Said Olivia, biting the inside of her cheek.

" He is still only a boy. " - Edmund argued.

" Weren't we only kids when we went to battle against the witch and when we became king and queen of Narnia? " - Countered Olivia.

" But prince, king, servant or slave, doesn't matter, he still doesn't deserve a harsh scolding like that. " - Said Edmund.

" If you're thinking I'm going to apologise, think twice. I won't. "

" I wasn't expecting you to. I am only trying to help you, for the next time. " - said Edmund.

" Next time? " - Asked Olivia.

" You never know about the future. Corin Will definitely appear more often later on. " - Edmund shrugged.

" True. " - She bit her lip.

After a few seconds of silence, Olivia turned to Edmund and said:

" Thank you for worrying about me. "

" Always, my love. "