Fourteen

" For Narnia! "

" For Narnia! "

SUDDENLY, IT ESCALATED. Miraz was laying dead with an arrow plunged to his body, and the Telmarines had just declared war.

" Be ready! " - Peter said, pointing at the army prepared on the how. The archers steadied their positions. Edmund and Peter had their swords unsheathed and Olivia had her spear in hand.

" Peter! " - Yelled Caspian, who was midway inside the how, as he pointed to something behind the Pevensie boys and Olivia. They turned their bodies and noticed a Telmarine charging at them. Peter quickly rushed to him, and killed the soldier with ease.

" Go! " - Screamed Peter again, and Caspian rushed inside the tomb. Peter, Edmund and Olivia rushed to meet with the general Glozelle on the other side of the small ruins, but the man simply ran away and raised his sword.

" To arms, Telmar! " - The man yelled as he rushed back to the army. The Telmarines cheered and raised their spears.

At first, the attack began with the Telmarines using their catapults to throw rocks at the how. Edmund, Peter and Olivia maintained their ground.

" Cavalry! " - The general raised his sword again. - " Attack! " - He commanded as he lowered his weapon.

The men shouted as they charged. Caspian was now riding a horse, and he awaited.

" Archers to the ready! " - Yelled Susan, and every archer placed an arrow on their bow.

Peter and Olivia shared a look. Olivia nodded at the eldest, and he turned his body to face Glenstorm and Caspian. He pointed to the how, and they both rushed inside, understanding the command.

Peter started counting. - " One, two... "

Caspian was counting too, but he was below the ground. - " Three, four... "

" Five, six... "

" Take your aim! " - Susan commanded again, and the archers were ready.

" Get ready! " - Yelled Peter.

And just as the count finished, the ground below the Telmarines that were charging gave in, and they started falling and the horses neighed in desperation.

" Now! " - Susan yelled, and various arrows came flying and hit the bodies of the soldiers of the opposing army.

Edmund hopped on a horse, and Peter raised his sword and yelled: " Charge! "

They all took no seconds to begin running with their weapons in hand and fury in their eyes.

From the ground below, a ramp that was only known to the narnians blocked from behind the first line of the army, and they had nowhere to run.

They were all fighting bravely. Peter was slashing soldiers left and right, while Edmund had picked his crossbow and was shooting at the Telmarines that passed as he went around riding the horse. Olivia killed each soldier of the opposing army that dared to cross her. She ignored the sharp pain that was flowing through her body from the previous battle and allowed the anger to take over.

As Olivia grabbed her spear from the body of a Telmarine, her gaze met with Peter's, who used his head to point at the rest of the army that was charging towards them. The girl nodded, and Caspian raised his sword and the gryphons came flying, holding a few dwarfs who were holding bows.

Peter averted his gaze to his sister, and he muttered Lucy. Even though Susan was dar and couldn't hear what her brother said, she read his lips and shaked her head in a 'no'.

Peter analysed the scene before him. The Narnians were at a number disadvantage. The boy breathed in, and yelled: " Back to the how! "

Edmund and Caspian shared a confused look, but followed the orders. Olivia was running, and as Edmund was getting near her, she raised her arm and Edmund passed by, grabbing her hand and pulling her with him. The girl readied herself on top of the horse, and wrapped her arms around the boy's torso.

But, the Telmarines noticed that the Narnians were getting back to the tomb. The lord Sopespian ordered for the army to aim the catapults at the how to block their escape.

" Brace yourselves! " - Susan yelled to the archers.

The Narnians had almost arrived at the entrance of the how, but the arc of entry collapsed.

Peter looked desperately at his sister, who almost fell but Trumpkin caught her hand. She slipped, but fell on stable ground.

Caspian and Peter looked back at the Telmarines, who had a considerable advantage on them. Edmund and Olivia rushed to their side, no horse, just on foot. Susan came too, and they were all reunited in a line.

Edmund looked at his brother, and Peter nodded. He looked at Olivia, and their foreheads touched for a few seconds, before Peter started charging at the Telmarines, and they all had weapons in hand.

" For Narnia! " - Olivia screamed as she raised her sword, and the narnians behind her cheered, before they came in contact with the Telmarines and the real bloodshed began.

Edmund was a fierce fighter, and he used his sword on one hand and picked up another that he found on the ground and used both his arms. Olivia used her spear, side to side, slashing and not stopping to mourn or look at the dead body.

Edmund and Olivia were back to back, and they looked at each other, and both nodded at the same time, before proceeding to fight furiously as their shoulders touched one another.

Susan was also a good fighter, for she shot arrows and used her bow in her favour when one came to close. She was smart, clever.

Olivia grabbed the dagger in her boot and threw it at a Telmarine that was getting awfully close to her and Edmund, and killed him immediately. The Telmarines were slowly closing in on the Narnians, leaving them trapped.

Caspian had fallen to the ground and lost his weapon, and the general was about to kill him, when he hesitated as he saw Caspian fall to the ground.

But, suddenly, the weirdest thing happened. The trees came to life once again. They started charging, using their roots and stomping on the Telmarines with their wooden core.

The Narnians cheered loudly and Olivia celebrated and threw her hands in the air as she realised Lucy had done it.

" For Aslan! " - Peter yelled, and once more, the army charged.

The Telmarines started heading for the bridge on the Ford of Beruna, thinking they could try and get some advantage there.

But, on the other side of the bridge, they were met with Lucy, who looked at them with a small grin on her face and unsheathed her dagger. The Telmarines stopped on their tracks, and realised they were trapped.

By her side came Aslan, and lord Sopespian looked like he had seen a ghost, for he knew about the Narnian tales about the lion god that always saved their people.

" Charge! " - He yelled, and the army started to come near Lucy and Aslan.

But, they stopped when they could see in the distance big waves crashing on the ford of Beruna, heading towards the bridge.

From the waters emerged a man. The spirit of water, recognized Olivia, who was part of an old Narnian legend and fable, though nobody had seen his confirmed existence.

She smiled, and the man used his powers and destroyed the bridge, while some soldiers desperately jumped on the river in a failed attempt to save themselves.

And with that, the battle ended.