Thirteen

" We're missing one

" We're missing one. "

WHEN THEY WOKE UP, the crew found themselves surprised. The blue light was shining bright in the sky, and quick enough, they boarded the dawn treader as Eustace flew around them. Unfortunately, they had no wind to help 'em sail, so the crewmen had to row.

" The wind has left us. " - Drinian said.

" So how do we get to Ramandu's island now then? " - Edmund asked.

Drinian placed his hands on his back. " My guess is something doesn't want us there. " - The captain responded.

Suddenly, the boat slightly tilted backwards, making everyone fall flat on their backs and bums. Edmund and Olivia quickly sprung to their feet, and rushed to the point of the ship, where they saw Eustace with his tail wrapped around the dragon's head, pushing the dawn treader.

" Eustace, that's brilliant! " - Edmund called out with a smile. The crew cheered and applauded,  and Eustace felt a nice feeling he hadn't felt in a while.

—-🐉—-

In the map room, the three swords of the lords were laid on the table. Edmund was enjoying the view of the cabinet, while Caspian sat down in front of the table, and Olivia sat in the back of the room, reading a book.

" We can't be sure the other lords even made it to Ramandu's island. " - Caspian signed. But they ran out of time to dwell on the thought, because they had arrived on the island.

The island was massive and very beautiful. It had tons of waterfalls, and it was rich in nature and trees. The night fell, and Edmund led the way of the crew with his flashlight.

What astounded them the most, was when they arrived at a complex of trees that formed almost a room. In the middle, a massive and large table was there, filled with food and drinks.

They analysed the table, and at the end of it, there were three bodies covered in vines and tree roots. Olivia gasped, and everyone unsheathed their swords and Olivia her spear.

Caspian got close, and said three names of the missing lords. Lucy gasped when she heard a faint breathing from lord Argoz, and startled, she jumped away.

Edmund and Caspian observed that they were all breathing, shockingly. " They're under a spell. " - Edmund said out loud, and Olivia widened her eyes.

" Nobody eat the food! It's enchanted! " - She called to the crew, and they all stepped away from the table.

Edmund pointed his flashlight to a small silver weapon, and gasped: " It's the stone knife. This is Aslan's table! "

" Their swords. " - Caspian furrowed his eyebrows, and pulled the weapon from the belt of the lord nearest to him. Edmund and Lucy did the same, and they gathered all the swords they found on top of the table.

" That's six. " - Edmund declared.

" We're missing one. " - Olivia said.

The six swords startled glowing, and the stars in the sky above them shined bright. A blue colour fell over them, and everyone started to look above. Olivia held her spear up as she saw the light taking form in front of them.

The light turned into a woman, a pretty one. She had blonde hair and a kind smile, and she wore a beautiful gown. " Travellers of Narnia, welcome. " - The crewmen kneeled, and she told them to rise. - " Are you not hungry? "

" Who are you? " - Edmund asked.

" I'm Lilliandil, daughter of Ramandu. " - The woman said.  - " I am your guide. "

Caspian, Lucy, Edmund and Olivia scooched closer to her, and Olivia sheathed back her spear. " You're a star? " - Caspian asked.

Lilliandil nodded. - " You are most beautiful. " - Caspian said, looking at the star as if she were a jewel.

" If it's a distraction to you, I can change form. " - She said.

" No. " - Edmund and Caspian called at the same time. Edmund looked at Olivia by his side, who crossed her arms to her chest, and raised his eyebrows at Edmund with a sly grin. Edmund bit his lip, and mouthed 'sorry' to Olivia. The girl gently laughed and looked back at the star.

" Please. The food is for you. " - Lilliandil announced, and with a wave of her hands, the candles in the table lit up. - " There is enough for all who are welcome at Aslan's table. Always. Help yourselves. " - She said, and the crewmen started to sit down, but Edmund interrupted them.

" Wait. " - The Pevensie boy called. - " What happened to them? " - He asked, pointing at the three lords.

" These poor men were half-mad by the time they reached our shores. They were threatening violence upon each other, and violence is forbidden at Aslan's table, so they were sent to sleep. "

" Will they ever wake? " - Lucy asked.

" When all is put right. " - Lilliandil responded. - " Come. There is little time. " - Said the star, leading the kings and queens away from the table as the crewmen stuffed themselves.

They followed Lilliandil, and reached a rocky balcony. " Has the magician, Coriakin, told you about the dark island? " - Asked the star.

" Yes. " - Caspian responded.

In the distance, they could see a black island, filled with a light green fog, and with thundering sounds that echoed from it.

" Before long, the evil will be unstoppable. " - Lilliandil told them.

" Coriakin said to break its spell when we lay the seven swords at Aslan's table. " - Olivia informed.

" He speaks the truth. " - The star nodded.

" But we only found six. " - Edmund countered. - " Do you know where the seventh is? " - He asked.

Lilliandil nervously looked ahead, looking at the dark island not so far. She pointed her finger at the land. " In there. " - She said. - " You will need great courage. "

The four monarchs shared concerned looks, with Lucy raising one eyebrow and Olivia clenching her jaw. Lilliandil turned her body once again. " Now waste no time. " - She declared fiercely.

Caspian looked at her, with a subtle hint of flirtation in his eyes and voice: " I hope we meet again. " - Said the king, and Olivia pressed the back of her hand against her mouth to suppress her snort.

Lilliandil showed Caspian a gentle smile, and she bid farewell. The star turned into a bright white colour, and turned into a shiny small ball that flew back to the sky.

" I hope we meet again? " - Olivia laughed as she doubled over.

" Oh, shut up. "