Chapter 12

Tonight Storm had been the one that would get food, and when she headed back, the hairs on the back of her neck rose.

Someone was following her, the faster she walked, and she could hear the person matching up her pace.

Storm felt sick and panicked, she started to run, and kept on looking behind her and stopped when she ran into someone.

She was heaving and when she looked up it was Chase, he looked at her with worry, "Did something happen?"

Storm went into his arms as she was shaking from fear, Chase seemed to be taken aback, she held onto him tightly and felt safe.

Chase seemed to reluctantly wrap his arms around her when he heard her sobbing, he did not say anything and let cry.

After she was done, she pulled back and wiped the tears from her face, "Let's go." Chase said to her.

She was frozen in fear, and Chase took her hand and they made their way to her place, "I don't have time now, I will talk to you later."

Storm nodded, "Thank you."

Chase nodded, "Go in."

She went in as he stood there watching her, when Storm arrived in the living room, Paige and Meghan looked very concerned for her.

She sat on the couch and both of her friends on either side of her as she told them what had happened to her.

When she was pulled together, Storm started to think that maybe she was being paranoid, and after a shower, Storm lay in her bed, being in Chase's arms was relieving in that moment and he had walked her back.

That had been nice and why wasn't he like that all the time? Days went by and she was back to normal.

She started to feel as if she had been paranoid over nothing, Storm hadn't seen Chase for an entire week, but she had bought him a gift with a chocolate and bracelet to thank him.

Every time she saw him he was always surrounded, he was literally a magnet. She took a deep breath, fear could not consume her.

Today she would give him the gift and saw that he was standing with his pack and girls on both side of him.

When she was close, her heart beat fast, Storm tapped Chase on the back and he turned around, and his eyebrow was up as he was wondering why she would approach him.

The girls seemed to look angry and the male wolves seemed to think that she had called Chase for ulterior motive.

"Can I talk to you?"

"What is it you want?" Chase asked and she became a bit more nervous and wanted to hide.
"In private, is that fine with you?"

Chase looked at her for a second, then he turned to his pack "I will be back."

They started off into the forest, and she kept on stealing glances at him wondering if she should start now?

"What is it?"

"Huh?"

"You keep looking at me Storm."

"Ahhhhhhhhh...."

They got to a rock by the waterfall and wondered why Chase had lead her here, they sat by a rock and Storm was facing him and he waited for her to talk.

Storm took out the gift nervously and held it out to him, "FOR YOU!"

She grimaced, why had she been so loud, how embarrassing. Chase took the gift for her, "What do I owe this generosity?"

"I wanted to thank you for the other night."

"You don't have to and certainly a gift at that."

"You can throw it away if you don't want it."

"That would be a waste." Chase replied.

"Okay.............."

"Why were you rattled that night?"

"I felt as if someone was following me."

"Do you know whom it might be?"

"I don't, I think I was being paranoid."

"If something else happens, tell me Storm and I will look into it."

Storm was comforted by his words,

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Sorry." Storm replied.

Storm thought that they would go back but Chase did not budge, he closed his eyes and took the warmth in.

She just sat there next to him and did not say a thing, the sun started to set and he opened his eyes and they watched the sun set.

It was nice that they could watch it together, it felt romantic in some sense, but she knew that Chase was not viewing it that way.

"We should head back."

"Okay." Storm replied, they had sat there for a few hours, they headed through the forest and when they emerged, the pack was still there and they looked at them weirdly.

"Bye." Said Storm.

"See you around." Chase replied.

Storm made her way back to her place, and felt relieved that she had paid Chase back for what he had done for her.

Her phone beeped and it was Jeremy.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava