Chapter 23

At first, she was afraid of what he would think but then that was overtaken by anger, he was the one that had used her and left her

"Am I interrupting something?"
"No, not at all," Jeremy replied.

"So why is my girlfriend in your arms?" Chase replied and he seemed to be fuming.

Jeremy immediately let her go, "Sorry man, I did not know."

Jeremy left immediately and she was furious, as Chase was about to speak, she got up and walked away.

She was making it through the forest when she felt a hand on her elbow and was turned around roughly.

Chase was looking at her, his eyes were a darker color, and knew that he was very much pissed, "I was about to talk and you dare to walk away from me."

"It depends on your response."

Chase looked at her in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"Do you want my response as your girlfriend or your subordinate?"

"How do you think I would take it, when you were holding Jeremy and to make it worse, you liked him first."

"What are you trying to imply Chase?"

"Have you been cheating on me all this time?"

"How can I cheat on you when you are the one that left me all alone, no word, no response to my texts, nothing at all."

Chase's face softened as he saw that she was on the verge of crying.

"I didn't mean to Storm, I had a huge case and I could not let you get hurt."

"What do you mean?"

"There are rogue wolves and if they know that I'm with you then they would try to kill you, I had to sort it out first so that I would not put you in danger."

"How is that going?" Storm asked, she did not want anything to happen to him, she was all that she could think about.

"I have managed to make them back off but that is just for now and temporary."

"Fine, I will let it go this time."

Chase chuckled, "I was ready to rip Jeremy's head off."

"Well, I'm glad that you did not."

"Do you still have feelings for him?"

"No Chase, all I think about is you."

Chase pulled her in his arms and kissed her thoroughly, she loved every minute of it and Storm knew that she would never let go of him.

She wrapped her hands around his waist and they were tight against one another, she wanted to be in his arms forever.

Chase was changing her in so many ways, and some made her scared because she felt as if she was losing her sense of reality, and Chase was that reality.

Chase finally leaned back and her head was spinning from the kiss, he took her hand and led her to his place.

When they were in his room she climbed in the bed sheets, Chase came back later and he was dressed just in sweats.

"Here." He tossed an oversized t-shirt, and she went to the bathroom and changed into it. She loved his scent and went back into his room and climbed into the bed next to him.

Only the side lamp was on, when she had climbed in, he switched off the side lamp, and he pulled her into his arms, he kissed the top of her head.

Chase's breathing deepened and she knew that he was asleep, she did not want to sleep yet as she had not seen him for so long.

She wanted to take it all in, this is where she wanted to be, any excuse he would give her she knew that she would accept it as long as she had him at the end of the day.

Storm hoped that he would not get tired of her, and that she would be by his side as long as he wanted her, she would stay by his side no matter what.

She would not give up on them and she would fight to the ends of the world to help him and be there to support him.

Storm knew that she was willing to die for him and most importantly she would die for him. Storm could not believe that she had fallen so hard for him.

There was nothing that she could do as the heart wanted what it wanted. She closed her eyes, and soon she had fallen asleep.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava