Chapter 13

Storm had no more encounters after that, and tonight she was going out with Jeremy and felt very excited.

There was a diner that catered to werewolves as the owner was a werewolf, so they did not have to act but felt at home.

They got in and got seated, Storm already knew that Chase was there as he had a distinct energy and scent.

They sat down and started to chat, Jeremy was very sweet and she was having a great night, they had so much in common.

Jeremey's phone rang and he excused himself, Storm waited for him to come back and when he did, he had a panicked look,

"I'm sorry Storm, my brother is in trouble."

"Go Jeremy, I understand, we can do this another time."
"I'm sorry."

"No, go I understand, I will take care of the rest."

"Thank you Storm, I promise I will make it up to you."
Jeremy disappears and she just sits there, she might as well make the most of it, and carried on drinking.

It was full, and everyone seemed to be snickering and feeling sorry for her sitting alone not that it should matter, she enjoyed her own company.

She looked up when Chase sat opposite her, Storm had thought that he was just passing by but here he was and everyone was staring at them.

"I see lover boy left."

"Hey to you too Chase."

"Where are your friends?"

"They have dates of their own."

"So that is why you're trying to catch up with them."

"Yes, there is nothing wrong with being in a relationship."

Chase leaned in and he put his hand under her chin and tilted up, her face was red, everyone was watching and Chase was drawing her in a bit.

The fact that he was observing her so intently made her cheeks bloom more with color, when she tried to remove her face his grip tightened and she could not remove it.

"Your hair and eyes draw everyone in, but I won't let them have you my beauty."

"What does that mean?" Storm asked as his words were coming out dangerously.

Chase let go, stood up without answering her, and went back to his pack.

He was probably trying to scare her, but that night he had held her and comforted her when she finished her meal and began heading back.

Storm felt the same presence that she had the night before, she started to pick up the pace and started to run.

It was better to be safe than sorry but she was hit on the side and landed with a loud thud, she felt as if the air was from her.

The pain started to grow on her side and wondered who it was. Storm got up and tried to run but she was hit harder this time.

She groaned in pain, what was going on? Storm stood up once more and tried to run but was hit again, and knew that it was over for her.

There was no way she could fight off whoever this was, they were too strong.

Storm started to ebb away when she felt someone lift her off the ground and everything went black, she had let herself go.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava