8 - The Beginning Of The Legend

The storm was getting closer. Ria could feel it. By the time they made it to the closest island, they would've already traveled through the eye of the storm.

"Nikolas, be prepared." Ria spoke, catching his attention. "We won't make it to the next island before the storm reaches us."

"I see." Nikolas replied. He patted the edge of the boat. "Will it hold?"

"Yes." Ria stated with absolute certainty. "It's not the worst storm. But it will get quite rocky."

"As long as the boat does not tip over, I shall be fine." Nikolas nodded.

"It won't. I'll make sure of it." Ria had a decent enough control over her unique capabilities that with a storm of this lesser magnitude, she'd be able to keep this boat upright.

But Nikolas didn't know about that. Yet he still put his faith into her. Ria couldn't help but continue to admire her new companion.

It was obvious why the boat couldn't flip over for him. She didn't need to ask to realize he had an aversion to water. It was likely he was never taught to swim.

That alone, made him incredibly brave for allowing her to sail him across the ocean in such a small boat.

How could she not admire him? How amazing that she was able to grab him as her second-in-command, her right hand man.

But she also needed to figure out how to get to the Underworld or else it wouldn't last. But nobody came back from the Underworld...

Well, a deal is a deal. She was going to help him since he's helping her. She wasn't one to go back on her word. Her mother taught her that, back then.

Nikolas tapped his fingers against the wood. He better had not made a mistake in putting his life into Ria's hands. He didn't trust her. He was ready to send an arrow through her throat if needed.

However, she would be quite useful for his goal, and was not unpleasant company. It was much better than many of the people he had encountered across his journeys for the past seven years.

They all had underestimated him. Those who tried to take advantage would then regret it.

Greece was a large place. If he was to find an entrance into the Underworld, he would need someone to tell him it's location rather than simply attempting to search every island.

Whether it was a rumor or a lie, he would make sure to check every single one. It didn't matter how long it took, as long as he got his mother back.

Well, the sooner the better.

"Is there a city that worships The Unseen One?" Nikolas asked.

Ria hummed as she rowed the boat at a brisk pace, searching her mind for anything that rung a bell. "No, he has no patron city."

"Really?" Nikolas wondered.

"Yeah." Ria replied. "People are afraid of him. They'd rather worship his wife. Besides, it doesn't matter anyway. We'll all be one of his...eventually."

"His wife?" An idea hit Nikolas. "Does The Unseen One's wife have a patron city?"

"Does she?" Ria started to think. "Wait, I do think I remember something. Epizephyrian Locris of Locri."

"Locri?" Nikolas had never heard of the place.

"A colony, and it's capital is Epizephyrian Locris." Ria elaborated. "If I remember right, they have a liking towards The Unseen One's wife."

"I see. Then that should be our next destination." Nikolas stated.

"Well..." Ria spoke. "There's a problem. That's quite a ways away. That's not mainland or the islands. It's far left."