64 - The Boy Who Crossed Infinity

"The chains..." Ouroboros muttered, his tongue hissing out as he stared down at the small boy who had broken his shackles. "...you are quite the stubborn and annoying immortal."

A dark grin etched across the monstrous snake's lips. "But you foolish little creature, I am a primordial. And you? You are my avatar."

Another chain shot out from the darkness. Nikolas rolled out of the way, running towards the floating form of the beast as lightning sparked around him.

He jumped through the void, approaching the enemy that had invaded his mind, only for more and more chains to shoot out of the darkness, gripping onto him and dragging him back down.

"Your soul is mine, little peasant." Ouroboros chuckled as the chains swarmed over Nikolas, almost drowning him as he was covered in more and more of them. "Now stay still for me."

Ouroboros closed his blood red eyes, ready to finally bring upon the end, only for the chains covering Nikolas to start sparking wildly.

With a large burst of electricity, the chains were sent flying away, leaving Nikolas standing there, looking different from before. A white fur cloak now covered most of his body, and his hands was gripped a golden metal spear. His skin was once again covered with white scales. He pointed his spear at Ouroboros, a determined look upon his face.

He may not be able to simply banish the monster from his mind has Pythia had. But he wouldn't give up his soul. Not when everybody he cared about was on the line.

"Don't you think we look familiar?" A cruel and mocking tone came from the monster's mouth. "The curse was affected by my presence. You are using borrowed power."

"It does not matter." Nikolas declared.

Ouroboros simply let out a light hiss, and in an instant his tail flew towards Nikolas, smacking the blind boy against the ground like a simple fly.

And thus, Nikolas experienced death for the first time.

Had this not had happened in his own soul he would've been dead. Instead, Nikolas felt every pain as if he had truly died, but instead he was still alive and seemingly perfectly fine.

And despite that, Nikolas stood up once more.

And to Ouroboros, he looked unfazed.

"Do you not understand that you cannot win?" Ouroboros questioned.

"I can, and I will win." Nikolas rejected the snake's words. "Or else you wouldn't be struggling against me."

"Struggling?" Ouroboros hissed. Suddenly, swords of all kinds sprouted from the black void of ground. They went under his cloak and pierced through his scales and his body in multiple places, instantly killing Nikolas once more.

And once they retracted, the blind boy was completely fine once more. No physical pain could be done in his own soul. Only spiritual.

And yet, after experiencing the equivalent of dying twice, he hadn't batted an eye.

"I will not yield." Nikolas stated, looking straight in Ouroboros' eyes. He took steps forwards, making his way towards the floating monster.

Ouroboros huffed. "Everyone yields, foolish immortal. You are up against the infinite. You have no way to win." A sinister grin once again grew upon the snake's mouth.

Before Nikolas could respond Ouroboros struck out with his tail, using it as a shape blade to slice Nikolas right in half.

The next death was being crushed by a boulder.

And then it was a spear to the heart.

A decapitation.

A crushing of the lungs.