43 - Man Hater Meets God Hater

"You've failed me." Hades spoke, leaning on his thrown with a burning gaze.

Perseus was knelt in front of him, his head bowed down as he listened to Hades' words. He wore a frustrated gaze, biting his lip in anger.

"You were unable to retrieve my daughter, and lost your life to the man who is 'holding her captive'." Hades stated.

"At least I took care of him." Perseus mumbled.

"About that..." Hades tapped his fingers against the throne, a tired and annoyed look displayed upon his face. "...I have not recovered his soul. So this man lives."

"What?! That's impossible!" Perseus shot to his feet. "I speared Nikolas straight through with my sword!"

"And he should've been dead by now, and Thanatos would have his soul." Hades sighed. "Thanatos, have you just obtained the soul of a man named Nikolas?"

"No, I haven't, Lord Hades." Thanatos stepped from the shadows, shaking his head from under his hood.

"What?!" Perseus exclaimed.

"And with that, you are useless to me." Hades firmly stated.

"No! Send me back! I can-" Perseus yelled.

"Do not argue with a god." Hades glared at Perseus with a burning fury in his eyes. "You were lucky to have even been given a second chance. I am not a man to foolishly hold faith in failures."

"No-!" Perseus screamed.

"Begone." Hades waved his hand and Perseus was cut off mid-sentence as he disappeared from the main hall of Hades' castle.

"Did you send him back to Elysium, Lord Hades?" Thanatos curiously asked.

"Yes, I did." Hades replied, before his eyes narrowed. "For now."

"I see." Thanatos nodded. "About that Nikolas that Perseus mentioned..."

"Yes?" Hades raised an eyebrow.

"I've been informed by Hermes that Zeus has just ordered for the death of a man named Nikolas." Thanatos stated. "Perseus died his second death in Delphi, the same place in which Zeus stated Nikolas is. What do you think, Lord Hades?"

"That sounds like too much of a coincidence." Hades spoke. "Did Zeus' message state anything else?"

"Only that the man has white hair and is blind." Thanatos explained.

"Hm." Hades hummed. "Then I request that you go this time. Bring back my daughter, and if it is the same Nikolas, then you might as well reap his soul. Zeus is annoying when his demands aren't met."

"Yes, Lord Hades." Thanatos bowed.

"I apologize I'm asking you to do this." Hades sighed once more. "I would rather you keep to your usual duties, but apparently you can't even rely on a 'hero'. I'll personally overtake your duties while you are on your mission."

"Are you sure?" Thanatos asked.

"Yes. You cannot do both at once." Hades replied. 

"I understand. Then I shall leave at once." Thanatos spoke. He sunk back into the shadows, almost fully when Hades spoke once again.

"...thank you, Thanatos." He nodded.

"It's my pleasure, Lord Hades." Thanatos replied.

He fully sunk into the shadows, disappearing from the hall and leaving Hades alone. Hades sat mightily with his head high as always, before finally dropping his head into his hands.