25 - Onto The Second Event

As the winners had been decided, the losers were told to either leave or join the crowd in the stands, while the winners waited for everyone to finish their matches.

Once every wrestling match had concluded, the wooden platforms were moved off to the side as the announcer walked back into the middle of the area.

"Wasn't that a great way to start the day?" He grinned, hearing the cheers from the crowd. "Well, I have good news for you! It will be getting even better!"

"Our next event, which will be starting shortly, is pancration." The announcer explained. "There are only three rules in pancration. No weapons, no biting, and no eye-gouging. Everything else is fair game!"

"The contest continues until one contestant submits, is unconscious, or if one of the two judges stops the match due to special circumstances." The announcer continued. "However, the latter will likely not happen."

"Only one match will happen at a time, and you may feel free to watch as much as you want, leave and come back, or whatever else!" The announcer stated. "I won't promise your seat will still be there, though!"

"Now, let's start our second round of the Isthmian Games!" The announcer declared.

The stands cheered in excitement as the announcer started to call down the first two fighters into the middle of the area.

"Are you two hungry?" Ria asked. "I could grab something from the stands before they get to Nikolas' match. He seems to be in the middle of the line."

"I am fine." Era stated.

"Actually, could you grab me something?" Melinoe asked. "I would like to try something new.

"Alright." Ria nodded. "So, surprise you?"

"Yeah." Melinoe replied.

"Save my seat for me." Ria stated, standing up and walking past the people to get out of the stone stands.

The two sat in silence as Ria left, watching the two men duke it out across the field, until finally Melinoe spoke up.

"Era." She said. "If you don't mind me asking, which wonderful, almighty god are you?"

"You can drop the formalities." Era simply stated.

"All right then." Melinoe replied. "So which god are you? And why are you pretending not to be one? It's been bothering me for a bit now."

"You aren't worried that someone else will hear us?" Era raised an eyebrow.

"The crowd is too loud and too engaged in the fight to notice." Melinoe replied. "Stop avoiding the question."

"How interesting." Era thought aloud. "Before I answer, may I ask how you figured it out?"

"I can see divinity." Melinoe simply stated. "After all, I lived with gods for years."

"Yes, your father." Era replied. "And your mother during the winters, as well. To think you could develop the ability to see a god's divinity, even when they aren't showing it off. But you can't tell whose it is yet."

"No. I can't." Melinoe stated. "I didn't realize you can differentiate between divinity."

"Gods can." Era simply stated. "But it seems that even minor gods can develop a weaker, watered-down version of that ability. I'd like to examine your eyes sometime."

"I'd rather you not." Melinoe simply stated. "So once again, which god are you?"

"Such fearlessness." Era nodded. "Be careful which gods you approach with that. However, I do not see it as an issue. I am the Goddess of Wisdom."