𝟢𝟢𝟤. debutante invitations

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄, 𝘚𝘜𝘔𝘔𝘌𝘙 𝘏𝘖𝘜𝘚𝘌
𝟢𝟢𝟤. debutante invitations

WALKING INTO HER ROOM, all Tate felt was nostalgia. She always loved her room. It was specially made for her by Susannah, who had taken her out shopping for her fifteenth birthday to decorate it.

Susannah had spent a fortune on a white shiplap accent wall, with the other ones painted a faint grey. Covering the walls were elegant white pictures and a small polaroid wall with pictures from past summers. Her bed had been covered in a light blue bed spread with throw pillows covering nearly half of it. Her turtle was the center piece of it all.

Tate smiled as she threw her bag on the bed. "Squirt," she cheered as she picked up the turtle. As lame as it may sound she had named him after the turtle from Finding Nemo. It was her favorite movie grown up, so when Conrad had won him for her, she found a perfect opportunity. He was also, coincidentally, Conrad's favorite character.

Placing Squirt back on the bed, the girl started to unzip her bag, preparing to take her clothes out and start stocking the drawers. At least until Belly walked in.

"Tate," Belly said, making her presence known.

Tate spun around after she placed the first pile of clothes in the dresser drawer. "Hey," she said with a slight laugh. "What are you doing? Don't you have some unpacking to do?"

Belly shrugged, "Yeah, but I wanted to see you. It feels like an iternity since I last saw you."

Tate laughed as she continued her unpacking. "That's because it's been a year and a half."

Belly groaned, falling onto the bed. "Don't remind me."

Tate laughed again before she turned to Belly, before pausing. Belly furrowed her brows as the older girl gazed at her. "What? Is there something on my face?"

Tate chuckled as she shook her head, "No, no, it's just... you just look really grown up compared to the last time I saw you."

"Me?" Belly asked. "Have you looked in a mirror? Tate you look like a twenty two year old, and you're blonde now!"

Tate laughed louder this time. "What's with everyone and my blonde hair? Does it not look good?"

"Believe me, it looks good, it's just really different," Belly told her.

"Good different?" Tate asked with a raise eyebrow.

Belly smiled, "The best."

Tate smiled before she jokingly placed a kiss to Belly's cheek, before the girl folded up her duffel bag and started with her suit case.

During the time that she had been unpacking, Jeremiah had wandered into her room, practically begging the two to go swimming with him. Tate declined, considering she knew if she didn't unpack now, she never would, but Belly agreed. Now, the girl was alone, listening to songs blast through her headphones as she unpacked. Being alone didn't faze her, though, she actually enjoyed it.