𝟢𝟤𝟣. summer tides

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐗, 𝘚𝘜𝘔𝘔𝘌𝘙 𝘛𝘐𝘋𝘌𝘚
𝟢𝟤𝟣.     summer tides

TATE COULDN'T TELL if she was more pissed or hurt by Conrad. Sure, she was pissed that he lied to her, made it seem like he was the one who wanted to ask her to the ball, but she was also hurt because maybe he didn't want to take her to the ball.

She couldn't take it. Her mind was so incredibly confused and it was driving her insane. Every time he said something nice or acted like he wanted her, he turned away and brushed her off. She needed to clear her head. Thankfully, Nicole invited her, Belly and Taylor to her dad's boat. She invited Serena as well, but she was flying out to Miami tomorrow morning to surprise her boyfriend, Wyatt, and needed to pack.

Tate sprayed a fews sprits of perfume on her neck and wrists before she put the cap on and brushed out her curls one last time. She moves to her closet where she grabbed her classic white Chuck Taylors and slipped them on.

As she was lacing up the last shoe, she heard a knock on her door. She shouted "come in" without a second thought, but instantly regretted it when she saw Conrad walk through the door. "Hey, uh, can we talk?"

Tate shook her head and slipped her arms into her grey oversized zip up, preparing for the cold night that lie ahead. "Belly and Taylor are waiting for me downstairs."

"Please, Tate, it'll only take a second."

Tate stood up, closed her eyes and sighed, internally taking a minute to push her anger down before she ripped the boy's head off. She spun around with her phone tucked to her chest. "We can talk when I get back."

"Where are you going?" Conrad asked as he watched her walk toward her bedroom door. "And when will you be back?"

"I'm hanging out with your girlfriend." With that last sentence, Tate walked away without a second thought or look Conrad's way.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

Tate sat with the girls on Nicole's boat. Everyone had their fingers up in their game of Put a Finger Down. Some had more up than others. Tate had only put two fingers down, meanwhile Belly had all ten up still.

"Put a finger down if you've ever made out with two people within 24 hours of each other," Taylor said, earning fingers down from Nicole and Gigi.

"Okay, out a finger down if you've ever used a stuffed animal to... you know." Tate and Belly kept their fingers up while multiple of the girls put theirs down.

Taylor laughed. "His name was Harry Bear Styles."

Gigi pointed at her. "You had a name for yours?"

Once the laughter quited down, Dara started with another question. "Okay, put a finger down if you've ever had sex."