𝟢𝟣𝟣. summer nights

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄, 𝘚𝘜𝘔𝘔𝘌𝘙 𝘕𝘐𝘎𝘏𝘛𝘚
𝟢𝟣𝟣. 𝗌𝗎𝗆𝗆𝖾𝗋 𝗇𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝗌

TATE AND SERENA climbed out of Cam's car after Belly and Taylor. The boys had left early and denied giving Tate and Serena a ride, but thankfully Cam offered to drive them. It was a small car, so it was a tight squeeze, but they fit in the back with Taylor.

When the girls climbed out of the car, they looked at Nicole's house. It was packed. Each square foot of the house was filled to the brim with teenagers talking and laughing with each other. It was also beautifully decorated with string lights.

Serena grabs Tate's arm as they start walking to the front door. "This is going to be amazing."

Tate laughs and lets out a little sigh. She always loves parties. She loved to have fun and let loose with her friends, but something about being in Nicole's home shook her the wrong way. It seemed wrong, even if there was nothing between her and Conrad.

"Tate! Belly, you guys came!" Nicole rounds the corner of her hallway before walking toward the girls with open arms.

Tate smiles at her and pushes the door closed. "Thanks for inviting us."

Nicole wraps her arms around the debutantes before looking them up and down, eyeing their outfits and their flower crowns. "You guys look amazing. Are those real flowers?"

Belly nods while smiling. "Yes."

"That's incredible. Well, we have to show Gigi." Nicole grabs each girl's hand and leads them to the dining room. Tate quickly grabs Serena's hand, forcing her along while Belly laughs and smiles.

"Yeah. Yeah, totally. You want to come?" Belly turns to Cam and her friend, but they both shake their heads.

"You have fun over there."

Taylor walks away with a faint eye roll. "I'm gonna find a drink."

"Okay. Okay."

Nicole leads Belly and Tate, who's leading Serena, to the dining room where they are joined with the other girls from the debutante class, only minus Shayla. Tate sees multiple cakes and different trays of food spread out across the table in front of them. Two large cakes being decorated with 16 and 18 candles on top.

"Guys, looks who's here." Gigi, Marisa and Dara greet Belly and Tate with smiles and waves.

Gigi looks Tate up and down, eyeing her blue and white dress. "Oh, my gosh. This is adorable, Tate. Where'd you get it?"

Tate points to Serena with a smile. "Serena actually got it for me. For my birthday."

"Oh! Speaking of..." Nicole grabs a lighter and lights the number candles that are atop the cakes.