𝟢𝟥𝟨. the great boardwalk showdown

──────────── this love

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, 𝘓𝘖𝘝𝘌 𝘎𝘈𝘔𝘌
𝟢𝟥𝟨.    the great boardwalk showdown

TATE MISSED THE BOARDWALK a lot more than she thought. It was ridiculously packed when they arrived, but it brought back so much memories for her and Belly. The two were practically bouncing on their toes when they arrived.

The first place the group went was to get ice cream, or as Taylor called it, nature's air conditioning.

"You know, I'm a natural introvert, so I can't tell if this place is horrifying or if it's just, like, my lizard brain in action." Skye says as the group climb up a flight of stairs.

"It's fun, I promise."

"Fun? Because I seem to remember the last time we were here, you were crying." Jeremiah says. "Belly was 12, and Conrad beat her and Tate at Shoot Your Shot. And their penalty was to ride the Tower of Terror."

Tate and Belly look at each other in a less than proud look. Tate remembered it clear as day. Belly threw up and Tate pissed herself.

Adrian laughs. "Oh, I remember that. You guys were so scared that you threw up, Belly, and Tate, you pissed yourself."

Tate puts her hands up. "In my defense, I had just got done chugging a gigantic lemonade."

"And I was sick." Belly defends.

"Sick with fear." Conrad says. "My mom had to throw out your guys' clothes and she made me give you," he points his spoon at Tate, "my sweatshirt to tie around your waist."

Tate laughs. "Oh, yeah. I still have that, I think."

Conrad's face scrunches up. "You can keep it."

"Susannah used to force my mom to come here when they were kids. My mom always hated it, but Susannah loved it so much, so..."

"You know what else my mom loved?" Conrad asks. "The beach house."

Skye stops, throwing their hands up in the air. "My mom's not evil, Conrad. And your mom wasn't a saint."

Conrad looks at her with a spiteful glare and Tate pulls her lips awkwardly between her teeth. Belly turns to Skye, "Skye, have you ever played Shoot Your Shot?"

Skye shakes their head. "No, and I'm— I'm fine keeping it that way."

"Well, do you want to watch me and Tate beat Conrad's ass?" Belly says, earning laughs Tate and Skye.

"You could not do that. And it still wouldn't be fair with two against one."

Tate sticks out her lip in a pout before poking Conrad's shoulder with the end of her spoon. "Oh, is little Connie scared of a little competition?"