P1 - Chapter Five

September 24th, 2020:

Unknown Number: Hey! It's me, Luna. I was wondering if we could work on the project after school at my place. Here's my address.

Moon: Oh, hey, Luna. After school, I'm kind of busy but I might be able to come over. Thanks.

Unknown Number: No prob!

"*"

It was the one class Winter and I had together.

Chemistry.

Not that chemistry, though. Ironically, we hated each other. He always managed to get on my nerves, and I always got on his. We send each other dirty looks in class and avoided talking to each other as much as possible.

Yes, even after the exaggerated hug the other day.

We don't talk about that.

But everything went downhill when the teacher partnered us up together for an assignment. We kept fighting and arguing and couldn't get any work done, so now we had it for homework.

Individually, thanks to God.

I angrily slammed my locker shut, Qibli sending me a concerned look from beside me.

"What's wrong?" He asked, closing his locker. "You seem... more aggressive than usual."

"It's Winter!" I cried. "He's always getting on my nerves and always has something to say. He's so annoying." I angrily blew a strand of hair out of my face. "And because of him, I have homework."

Qibli shrugged. "Sounds like poor Winter has a crush on you."

I sent him a disgusted look. "Don't be gross, Qibli."

"I'm being serious," he protested, waving his hand. "The last person Winter had a crush on, he bullied her the whole year and when he finally confessed to her that he liked her that whole time, the girl cussed him out and told him that if he got near her ever again, she'd file a restraining order on him."

I stared at him for a long moment. "You're lying."

"I'm being so for real right now," Qibli said with a shrug. "Just don't tell him I told you. He'd figuratively and literally kill me."

"Damn," I mumbled. "He deserved that, though." I frowned at the floor. "But why would he do that?"

"He has a weird way of expressing his feelings." Qibli waved at me. "I have to go to PE. See you at lunch?"

"See you," I said as I waved back, heading to my next class, which, unfortunately, had Anemone in. I walked toward History class to see every seat taken except for the one next to Kinkajou. She had her foot firmly pressed onto my chair, saving me a seat.

"Moon!" Kinkajou called when she saw me. She took her foot off the chair and patted it. "Over here!" I walked over and sat down next to her.

"Hey," I greeted. "How are–"

"Turtle asked me to the Halloween dance!" Kinkajou instantly exclaimed. "This is amazing!" I raised my eyebrows.

"Was it a 'Public Proposal'?" I asked.

"No," Kinkajou said, but was too excited to care. "But I don't care, anyway. As long as I'm going with Turtle, that's all that matters, not how fancy the proposal is."

I nodded. "What dress are you going to wear?"

Her face lit up so brightly I had to squint. "I thought you'd never ask!" She squealed before pulling out her phone and showing me a few dresses. "So I'm thinking of black or red, just to bring the Halloween theme, but check this out!" She showed me a two-piece mini-dress that had blood-stained chains wrapping around the whole thing.