P2 - Chapter Eleven

October 13th, 2020:

Qibli and I started dating three days ago.

Every part of me felt so happy. I was smiling all day and was even nice to Peril when she walked into me in the hallway.

I was walking to class when Anemone marched up to me, frowning.

"Hey, Anemone!" I said cheerfully.

"You," Anemone growled. "We made a deal, and guess what? Tamarin and I are still not together! When are you going to set up that date?"

I thought about it. "Today," I finally replied, grinning at her. She suddenly seemed surprised.

"Oh, really?" she asked, seeming anxious. "Gosh, I need to get ready. Okay, bye!" She ran past me in panic, touching her hair like there was something wrong with it.

I walked around the corridor, chuckling at Anemone. My smile immediately faded away as I noticed Winter across the hallway. He noticed me, too, and we stared at each other before he finally scoffed and walked the other way.

Qibli suddenly materialized beside me as he draped an arm over my shoulders. "He's still mad?" Qibli asked.

"Yeah," I said with a sigh. Winter still wouldn't talk to my friends or me. He was still pretty pissed, and every day I just missed him even more. I felt bad and my heart ached anytime I saw him.

"I've tried reasoning with him, but I learned the hard way that that won't work," Qibli said as we walked in the opposite direction to our lockers. "I hate it when Winter's mad at me. Then how else are we supposed to get married?"

I quietly laughed before kissing him hello. "How was your weekend, anyway?"

"Boring without you," Qibli answered as we reached our lockers to get out our books for our next class.

"We were literally on facetime for hours at a time," I pointed out, giggling. We walked around the corner and were met by Turtle and Kinkajou. They were busy in the middle of a make-out session with Kinkajou propped on his arms as Turtle held her up against the lockers.

We both stopped walking for a moment. "Interesting setting," I said aloud.

"Guys, class is starting," Qibli said simultaneously, making Turtle break away from Kinkajou.

"Oh, okay!" Kinkajou said as Turtle set her down. "We'll see you guys at lunch. Come on, Turtle!" She proceeded to drag Turtle away as he sent us a quick wave.

"That was..." I started but didn't have the will force to finish. "They didn't even seem bothered," I finally said.

"You think that's their first time making out in public for everyone to see?" Qibli asked with a laugh. "It's normal for them. And for everyone else."

"Interesting," I said as I opened my locker and got out my books.

"Interesting indeed," Qibli agreed with a cheeky grin.

"*"

As promised, I had a date to set up with Tamarin and Anemone. I didn't realize how hard it would be to do such a thing. First of all, I didn't even know where to find Tamarin.

"Have you seen her at all today?" I asked Kinkajou, knowing she knew Tamarin way more than I did. "I can't find her."

Kinkajou looked around. "Are you trying to set up that date?" She asked and I nodded.

"Anemone is getting slightly impatient," I explained. "And I may have accidentally told her the date was today."

Kinkajou thought about that for a moment as we both grabbed our lunches and sat down next to Turtle and Qibli.