P2 - Chapter Twenty

October 31st, 2020:

I was at Kinkajou's house, staring at myself through a body mirror. I was wearing a long, white gown that hugged my upper body before loosening up as it got to my thighs and completely dragging on the floor. There were fake blood stains all along it and there was a veil that clipped to my hair and fell in front of my face.

It was supposed to give a wedding-gone-wrong vibe, but it still seemed a little plain. Kinkajou and I had a compromise and grabbed her red paint to paint more blood, and by the end of it, it looked perfectly horrifying.

People would have to look twice to ensure it wasn't real blood.

I flipped the veil over my head to get a clearer view.

"This will definitely turn some heads," Kinkajou said with a grin. "And Qibli will be too stunned to speak."

"I hope so," I said with a small laugh. "Thanks, Kinkajou."

"Pssh, no problem," Kinkajou said, waving her hand dismissively.

Glory had helped, too. She did my makeup and put some stitches on my cheek and other Halloween-type makeup.

"Okay, but let's take a moment to admire you," I said with a small laugh. "Turtle will freak."

Kinkajou was wearing a black bodycon with a corset that hugged her stomach, making her totally hot. Her hair was up in an elegant bun (well, elegant for Kinkajou) and two strands of curled hair fell in front of her face.

She sent me a grin. "Thanks," she said, "and I know he will. You should've seen him last year for the New Year's Dance. I was wearing a mini dress and everything, and Turtle's face was the darkest shade of red I had ever seen. It was hilarious. And then he confessed to me right as the fireworks went off and then we kissed! For the first time! It was so romantic, and then we started dating."

Sheesh, Kinkajou never ran out of stories.

"That's the cutest thing ever," I said with a smile but then started worrying.

Did I ruin the first kiss between Qibli and me? Kinkajou and Turtle's was so romantic, but had my impulsive thoughts ruined it for me once again, like it always does?

"Kink!" called Glory's voice from outside her room. "Are you two ready? Jambu's dropping us off in a few."

"Coming!" Kinkajou called as she grabbed my arm and literally dragged me out of the room. Glory was standing there, slightly impatiently, but thumbing away at her phone. She was wearing one of the prettiest gowns I had ever saw. It was blood red and had a black bow wrapping around her waist. But there was also a sparkly, transparent layer covering some of the dress, giving it such a nice outlook.

"You look gorgeous," I complimented, and Glory pulled her gaze from her phone to send me a ruefull smile.

"Really?" she asked as she eyed herself. "I thought it was pretty basic."

"Nope," I said. "The second Deathbringer sees you, he might just propose to you on the spot. I'm not kidding." A shy smile spread across her face.

"Thanks," she murmured, and I could tell she was blushing already at the thought of Deathbringer. Of course, she still kept up her act of playing hard to get and of being the world's most sarcastic, skeptical person.

When she got her blushing under control, she finally met our gazes. "You guys look great, too. Jambu's waiting for us outside."

We all strode downstairs, waving goodbye to Grandeur, and headed out the front door. The chilly wind brushed against my bare arms and I shivered, but Glory and Kinkajou seemed unfazed. We found Jambu a moment later. He was in his red Tesla and there was music playing loudly from the radio of his car.