𝐎𝐍𝐄

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 1
𝙰𝚂𝚈𝙻𝚄𝙼

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"It's going to rain," her light, wispy voice spoke, flowing through the air like they were one in the same.

"I don't know, B, it's a beautiful day," Charlie said, looking out the kitchen window from the breakfast table with a frown.

Sabrina smiled dreamily, gazing out the window with her head leaning on the palm of her hand, slightly smooshing her cheek.

"It is, isn't it?" She said, as though her mind was somewhere far away from reality, "I love the rain... the way it sounds on the window... jumping in puddles... the way it washes everything clean, makes the world new."

Her words made a small, fond smile form on Charlie's face, pride in his niece's progress blooming inside him and welling in his eyes. It had taken much time for Sabrina to get to the point where she allowed herself to speak her mind like this. When she first arrived in Forks the girl was constantly hesitant and anxious, only speaking when spoken to in fear of punishment. But now, now that she knew it was safe to do so, Sabrina was a downright chatterbox. And Charlie couldn't be happier about it.

"Yeah," he said, covering up his brief display of tender vulnerability with sarcasm and the clearing of his throat, "Okay, whatever you say, smarty-pants."

She laughed, a real, sweet, musical laugh that reminded Charlie of that of a toddler or a child that had no reason to quieten or restrict their joy. It was pure.

"Don't be home too late, boss-man," Sabrina told him with a content smile, one that showed how safe and happy she felt where she was.

"You got it, kiddo," he said, finishing up the pancakes she had made for him, "Want me to drop you off at Jake's before work?" He offered, knowing she had plans to go down there.

"Yes please," she answered, perkily, jumping up from her seat at the breakfast table.

The Quileute reservation was beautiful. Even with the dreary storm clouds and blankets of rain shrouding it in darkness, it still radiated peace and safety, as though the lands were protected, watched over by something unseen.

And yet still, no matter how breathtakingly gorgeous the lush greenery of the forest was or how tranquil and calm the salty ocean air of La Push Beach was, Sabrina's favourite place to be on the reservation was a quaint little red house that sat on the edge of the forest. A house belonging to Billy Black and his son, Jacob.

"So... aliens. Real or fake?" Sabrina asked, sitting in the living room of Jacob's house, a bag of potato chips crinkling around her hand as it plunged in to grab some.