𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 18
𝙳𝙾𝙽'𝚃 𝙳𝚁𝙸𝙽𝙺 𝙻𝙴𝙰𝙷'𝚂 𝚃𝙴𝙰

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"THAT KID IS DEAD!" Benny seethed, pacing up and down in front of his sister who sat on some random sidewalk on the reservation as she hugged her knees to her chest and stared blankly at the road.

After Sabrina had undertaken the nerve-wracking task of driving Jacob's car back home — so it wouldn't get stolen because it was just sitting there unoccupied in Port Angeles overnight — she had wandered away from Jacob's house on foot, just aimlessly roaming the streets of La Push until she got tired and had to sit down.

At that point, Benny had rushed over in a panicked frenzy, hoping and praying that his sister's terrible driving hadn't caused both her and Jacob to meet their untimely demises. Instead, he found his sister sitting alone in the dark on the concrete, her face blank but a whirlwind of pain just raging in her eyes.

A part of Benny would always look at her like she was that tiny, clingy little eight year old that needed his protection. So, when she looked up at him with her wide, innocent doe eyes all red and watery with tears, filled with a type of agony that he hadn't seen in her in a very long time — the agony caused by lost loves and abrupt abandonment — Benny lost it.

"HOW DARE HE? I MEAN WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS?!" He screamed, "That's it, you know. From now on, it's no more Mr Nice Ghost. FROM NOW ON I'M GONNA BE THE POLTERGEIST IN HIS FUCKING TV!"

"Benny!" Sabrina cried tiredly, her eyes permanently stinging with tears that her body didn't seem to be able to shed, "Stop!" She begged, "Just... stop. You don't have to do that."

"Oh, no, I do," he said, nodding vigorously as he stood with his hands on his hips just like their Uncle Charlie (full dad-mode activated), "I definitely definitely do. In fact, I want to. Yeah. I really really want to. You know, for my own piece of mind."

Sabrina gave him a small, humourless chuckle but even with the tiny smile on her face, Benny didn't miss how forced it looked or how she tried to hide her tiny sniffle. He wished he could help her but he just didn't know what to do that would make it better. Sure, Sabrina had been sad before but this was different.

"Sabrin—"

"Hey, kid!"

Benny was interrupted by the harsh, firm call of a woman's voice scolding his sister. Sabrina jumped to her feet, startled by the sound and turned towards its source, eyes frantically searching around for a threat before landing on a woman.