𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 13
𝙸𝙽𝚃𝚁𝚄𝚂𝙸𝚅𝙴 𝚃𝙷𝙾𝚄𝙶𝙷𝚃𝚂

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Sabrina wasn't in denial about her feelings for Jacob. Honestly. She knew that she liked him more than a best friend should and for a long time she had held onto the hope that maybe one day they could be more than just friends.

But she ditched that dream when she found out that he liked Bella. And even though that dream was simply a fantasy now, she still couldn't seem to rid herself of those feelings.

Sometimes, whether it be while she lay awake late at night or while she stood at the kitchen sink washing the dishes, her mind would wander and thoughts of him would burst forth, colouring her world with a radiant hue.

It would start with her remembering something he'd said or maybe even seeing something that reminded her of him and she'd hear his booming laugh echoing in her ears, the memory of his bright smile infecting her and leaving her with her own dopey grin.

Then she'd think about the stolen glances that lingered a little too long and the way he'd hug her with both arms encircling her entire body, making her feel safe and warm. Her mind would even stray to the way he'd dressed her wounds that night and it would be like he was right there with her, the ghost of his fingers gently grazing her soft skin, his featherlight touches and delicate way of handling her with all the care in the world enchanting her and leaving her heart aflutter with a kaleidoscope of emotions.

And then, especially if it was late at night, she'd be snapped out of her enticing daydreams by Bella's ear-splitting screeches. And she would be out of her bed quick as a flash, running to wake Bella up and ease her back to sleep so Charlie wouldn't have to.

"Bella, hey, it's okay, I'm here," she'd soothe the girl, gently shaking her shoulder to coax her out of her slumber, "Shh, it's okay, go back to sleep."

"Would you stay with me?" Bella sometimes asked, to which Sabrina always agreed.

Sabrina would lay beside her cousin, gently stroking her hair and singing her the lullaby that Benny always sang to her.

"Somewhere over the rainbow," she softly sang, "Way up high..."

And Bella would be lulled off back to sleep, taking Sabrina with her in the process.

You see, Sabrina knew how to coax Bella out of whatever horror-filled nightmare she was having, she knew how to calm her down and bring her back to reality, helping her to realise that the horrors in her head weren't really there.

But what Sabrina didn't know how to help Bella with was the hallucinations.

A few days ago, Bella had dragged Sabrina and her friend, Jessica, out to the movies in Port Angeles.