𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 3
𝚂𝚄𝚂𝙿𝙸𝙲𝙸𝙾𝙽𝚂

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aside from the fact that it was slowly becoming more apparent to the girl that Sabrina was covering up for Edward and his lame excuses, Bella had begun to notice certain things about her cousin that confused her.

The way she sometimes caught her looking off into empty space as if something or someone was there, how she'd sometimes mutter words under her breath that sounded like a response to something that hadn't been said, how she'd just stop talking in the middle of a sentence or abruptly stop walking mid-step and stare into space as her eyes looked almost like they had glazed over, then there was the way she just knew things. Things that nobody else knew. Sometimes, Sabrina Swan just had that look in her eyes, the look that said she knew something that nobody else did.

But the most disturbing part was the hidden paintings. Now don't get me wrong, Bella thought that Sabrina was an incredible artist and even had some of her works hanging on the walls of her bedroom. But sometimes, when Bella would wander into Sabrina's bedroom to borrow something, she would catch a glimpse of the paintings she kept tucked away from prying eyes such as her own. And for good reasons too. The painting were sometimes such vivid depictions of dark and terrible places where horrible things happened.  None of which Bella understood why her cousin would paint and then hide away.

You see, while Sabrina's uncle Charlie knew the truth about her life before Forks, others didn't. Not even Bella. And Sabrina had refused to talk about it. Sabrina was well aware of what happened to her in the past but she had a way to cope with the trauma and she had no interest in resurfacing old memories, memories that only ever replayed in her most vile nightmares, memories that she'd be better off having completely forgotten.

Bella didn't know what it was about the one painting she'd found, perhaps it was the incredible way that Sabrina had managed to capture the subject's essence that even just looking at the painting, the girl could feel a shiver run down her spine and a pit of fear pool in her stomach. Yes, that painting, the most recent of Sabrina Swan's works, was probably the most bone-chilling of them all. The painting of the red-eyed couple.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

School trips were often an excuse for Sabrina to spend an entire bus ride with a pair of headphones on and a pencil doodling away at a page of her sketchbook. Usually she'd be sitting beside Alice or Edward so she didn't really have to worry about them asking questions about her drawings but this time Bella was the one accompanying her and Benny was the one providing the music.