𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 5
𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙲𝙺𝙴𝚁

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Hey, Brina, why do we need three boxes of Lucky Charms?" Charlie asked with a frown, looking at the full shopping cart Sabrina pushed around the grocery store.

"Because it's three-for-two," Sabrina said matter-of-factly.

"Yeah, but we don't eat that much cereal anyway," he replied, still confused, "Three boxes is gonna last months, Brina."

"Yeah but the special is only on for the rest of the week and after that we'll have to pay more every time we need more cereal. So, really, we're losing money if we don't buy three boxes," she explained confidently, plucking items from her grocery list off the shelves and dropping them into her cart.

Charlie's frown only deepened, creases forming on his forehead as he tried to understand the logic.

"I've learned not to argue, Chief," the familiar voice of Embry Call sounded from the end of the aisle, "My mom does the same thing all the time."

Sabrina smiled brightly, pleasantly surprised to see her friend.

"Embry!" She greeted happily as the boy approached, going over to give him a hug.

"Oh, hey there, Embry," Charlie acknowledged, giving the boy a nod, "I assume you understand what's happening here?"

Embry chuckled and shook his head.

"I didn't say that," he replied.

"Right, well, maybe I'll just go wait in the car," Charlie said, "Don't spend all my money."

He laid a kiss on the top of Sabrina's head and waved Embry goodbye before walking out to the parking lot.

"So..." Embry asked as they strolled down the aisles of the grocery store, "Are you feeling any better?"

"Yeah, I guess. I mean, I am a little mad that my one friend, Alice, is making me go to her junior prom with her but honestly—"

"Sabrina," Embry cut her off, giving her a look, "I mean, how have you been feeling since you found out about...?"

"Oh," she realised, her mood dampening.