𝚂𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝙿𝚎𝚊𝚔

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SNEAK PEAK

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Although the festivities in the Cullens' back yard continued, Jacob felt his world slow down, the people that laughed and chatted jovially all fading away into the background.

He stood on the outskirts of the party in his white dress shirt with his hands shoved into the pockets of his black pants, completely uncaring as the girl who had once held his heart, whose voice had once made his soul sing, whose laugh once made his heart race, settled in the arms of his mortal enemy. He didn't bat an eyelash as Bella smiled and pressed her lips to Edward's. He didn't feel that painful pang of sadness or red-hot jealousy that once would swell within him at the mere thought of Bella loving another.

No. Jacob was unfazed. For his world was no longer a storm of chaos and uncertainty. No, his world was fixed to its axis, it's source of light and life.

The light of his life... his centre of gravity...his precious angel... his best friend. Sabrina.

"You know it's rude to stare."

And there was that voice. The voice that vanquished all the heartache and all the pain caused by others. Despite being caught staring at the love of his life, Jacob didn't look away. Instead he smiled a smile that Sabrina always said could put the sun to shame. Come to think of it, she did that often: compare Jacob to the sun. It seemed like the only fair comparison, the only thing bright and lively enough to rival his spirit.

"Well, you know it's really hard to stop when the view is this breathtaking," he countered as she approached him with a teasing smile.

She laughed, the sound music to his ears that made his heart soar, dwarfing all the other sweet harmonies around them.

"Nice line, Wolfy," she remarked, "But don't think I don't know how uncomfortable you are right now."

Jacob chuckled awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

"That obvious?" He asked.

She smiled and moved to his side, snaking her arms around his torso and leaning in close. The tension in his body melted instantly, his shoulders dropping and his nerves calming.

"Maybe a little," she laughed, feeling him physically relax at her touch.

Sabrina rested her chin on his shoulder and smiled bashfully up at him. As if it were as natural as breathing, Jacob wrapped an arm around her and pulled her closer. She sighed in content.

"Thank you for being here. It means a lot... to the both of us," she told him, speaking on behalf of both Bella and herself.

"For you... anything," Jacob declared as he gazed at her with eyes so full of love, completely captivated by her sparkling sea green gaze that saw nothing but him.

The corner of her soft, pink lips twitched upward.

"And they call me a sap," she teased, but even her attempt at humour could not conceal the slight pink tint to her cheeks nor could it stop the explosion of butterflies in her belly.

Jacob could feel her heart speed up and smiled triumphantly, satisfied with the fact that the effect he had on her was just as powerful as hers on him. He took her hand in his, running his thumb over the back of it to try and calm himself down. She could practically feel his anxiety.

Sabrina stepped back, moving to stand in front of him with their hands still intertwined.

"You don't have to be nervous, Jacob," she told him, her voice steady and sincere,"You're her best friend. Always were and always will be. To her, nothing can change that."

"Not even marrying a leec— vampire?" he corrected himself quickly, seeing the reprimanding look on her face.

"Not even marrying Edward," she corrected.

"You think she'll accept my apology?" He wondered.

Sabrina cupped his face with her hands, cradling it as though it were the most precious thing she'd ever touch. Sabrina looked deep into his eyes, making everything else in his mind fade away into the rest of the background noise.

"Everything is going to be okay, Jacob," she stated, "It will."

Jacob leaned into her soothing touch as her thumb stroked his cheek.

"Well... you are always right," he admitted with a small smile, "But if you see me messing up beforehand, you're gonna have to come in and save me."

Sabrina laughed.

"Of course I'll save you," she swore, "Now get in there so I can go stuff my face with all that cake that no one's gonna eat 'cause they're all vampires."

Jacob laughed again and pressed a quick but tender kiss to her forehead, tucking a strand of her chestnut brown hair behind her ear.

"You got it, Breenee."

Author's Note:

Just a sneak peak for what is to come for Sabrina and Jacob.