1 - Chasing Contribution

METALLOIC, AFRICA

Screams flooded The Metallo Quarter as dead knights littered the floors. The civilians that were still alive had fled from the area where the celebration was taking place, but they couldn't escape the wrath of what was hunting them. A storm of bones tore through the streets and buildings, leaving a path of destruction in its wake.

Head Knight Ren hid behind a wall and watched his men fall one after another to the onslaught. His eyes scanned over the battle, searching for any sign of victory or defeat. He could see dozens of dead bodies on both sides and no signs that their opponents would be stopped anytime soon. Plus, he was just completely confused. Where did the dozen of skeleton soldiers come from?

Soon, Ren found what he was looking for, The Golden Edge! He watched as a large, bulky, skeleton man ripped what seemed like a skull pendant from the hands of the Priestess. Launching her to the ground, an audible smack would be heard as her head connected with the floor. Ren was disgusted and knew he had to do something.

Charging forward, he drew his sword, hoping it would be enough to make a difference...

"Ren!" yelled the Priestess. "No!"

But he didn't listen, bringing his weapon down onto the body of his enemy. His blade hardly made a dent, with the skeleton man slowly and eerily turning to face him. With a large bone-like spear in his hand, the armoured skeleton man charged at the Head Knight with such a speed that Ren barely had time to raise his sword again to defend himself.

His efforts proved futile, as the spear stabbed into his leg, causing him to fall to the ground. The knight tried to crawl away, but the skeleton man grabbed him by his armour and pulled him back. Ren opened his mouth to scream as The Golden Edge rose to her feet. Holding her head and squinting her eyes, she'd aim The Staff Of Crimson towards the attacker.

"Stand the fuck back, whoever you are!" she screamed. "In the name of Crimson, what is the point of this?"

The skeleton man leered and grinned, "I'm Skeletal, and like I said... I'm bringing her back!"

Kicking Ren away, Skeletal held the skull pendant high, compelling a black glow to begin to surround it.

Ivy shrugged before deciding to attack, jousting her staff at the villain. But as she did, The Golden Edge suddenly found herself unable to move. Her arms would instantly be forced to her side as a magical, black-coloured, forcefield-like energy surrounded her body.

"What?!" shouted Ivy. "How?! How are you doing this!?"

The skeleton man laughed as he slowly but surely aimed the glowing pendant towards the heroine.

"As I said, Contribution..." he growled. "You should have watched out!"

Slamming his spear onto the ground with his opposite hand, Ivy fell asleep, with the woman dropping her royal weapon. But to some surprise, it continued to levitate beside her, as if it too was stuck inside the energy bubble. She was under the skeleton villain's control. As he turned to face Head Knight Ren, multiple skeleton knights would be seen disappearing into the ground, as if it was swallowing them up.

"One of four collected," he muttered. "Sadly you aren't one of them..."

Smacking the spear across Ren's helmeted head, Skeletal sent him flying along the floor. Turning away, he'd peer at the skull pendant in his hand.

"Now where too?" he asked as if it was alive.

Soon, a vision shot through his mind. He knew where to head to next...

"London!" he chuckled.

---

SOMEWHERE IN SPACE