24 - Echoes Of The Fallen

Freight-Tale, Fast Maker, Apollo, and Bella-Rose, their hearts pounding with concern, rushed over to the exact spot where Lola had been standing just moments before. With a sense of urgency, they scanned the area, hoping to find any trace of her or her Blinding Light form. Their eyes darted from one end to another, searching for clues that might shed light on Lola's mysterious disappearance.

But to their bewilderment, they found nothing. No ashes, no bones, no remnants of any kind. The ground beneath them seemed undisturbed as if Lola had never been there at all. It was as if she had vanished into thin air, leaving behind nothing but a void. She was gone; gone without a trace.

Something would snap in the two Hilling brothers as they slowly looked up at one another. Nodding, they turned their attention to the two remaining villains. As Fast Maker stared down AV4X, Freight-Tale would study Skeletal. Anger and hatred flared in their eyes as electricity and fire started to engulf their bodies. With sparks surrounding Ben and flames covering Sky, the pair would shoot forward without warning, both super speeding towards their intended target.

AV4X and Skeletal would dodge the onslaught from the siblings, but not before getting hit soon after by their respective attacks. Soon, Ben would look to Onyx as Sky spotted Sapphire, grabbing their attention.

"Hold them!" Fast Maker and Freight-Tale yelled in sync

Hearing their command, the Rockatrayen twins lifted forward, using their gravity powers to hold both villains in place, unaware of what was about to happen next.

Sky and Ben would start to circle the villains, swirling around them as quickly as they possibly could. The faster they ran, the harder it became for AV4X and Skeletal to keep track of their movements. Both villains tried desperately to break free but to no avail.

Soon, both villains gasped with shock as before their very eyes, what seemed like a tornado formed around them. The heroes' speed happened to be creating twisters!

With one full of fire surrounding Skeletal and the other flickering of electricity around AV4X, the duo would be unable to escape the hold of the twin's powers. The winds would pick up, with the villains stuck in place as the tornados continued to grow larger and larger.

The twister would grow higher and higher, worrying the heroes that were watching from the sidelines. If the vortex continued to expand, who knew what kind of damage it would cause?

Rift and The Golden Edge, smirking to one another, jumped forward. Using their telekinetic abilities, Liam would attempt to contain the electric tornado as Ivy tried her best to take control of the fire whirl.

Somehow, using all their power, the pair did just that. They managed to stop the tornados from growing any further, keeping the villains contained until the Hilling brothers were finished.

Standing back to back and watching this, Apollo and Bella-Rose would cross their arms, looking concerned, but fully understanding what the duo needed to do.

As Sky and Ben continued to charge up their attacks, the pair's expressions grew even more focused, their determination unwavering. With their hearts pounding and their muscles taut, Fast Maker and Freight-Tale suddenly slid to a halt, planting their feet firmly on the ground, their arms and hands outstretched towards the looming figures of AV4X and Skeletal.

Their eyes locked onto their targets, squinting as if to channel their powers with laser precision. The air around them crackled with anticipation as if the very atmosphere held its breath in anticipation of the impending onslaught.

Then, in a synchronized display of power, the heroes unleashed their devastating blasts. A blinding burst of energy erupted from their palms, creating an awe-inspiring display of light and force. The ground trembled beneath them as the shockwaves rippled outward, distorting the landscape and stirring up a maelstrom of dust and debris.

The villains were caught off guard by the sheer intensity of the attack, ending with AV4X and Skeletal getting propelled backwards through the air, their forms tumbling helplessly in the wake of the overwhelming power.

With a resounding crash, AV4X and Skeletal hit the ground, defeated and weakened by the might of Fast Maker and Freight-Tale. The once imposing and formidable foes now lay motionless, their powers sapped and their malevolent ambitions crushed.

The twisters would soon dissipate, leaving the two villains lying on the ground, stunned.

"You're done," the Hilling brothers said in unison, placing their hands on their hips. "We've won."

"No," AV4X shouted, shaking her head. She tried to stand up but found herself too weak. "I'm not done yet."

Skeletal sat there injured, a crack forming over his skull head while he glared at the heroes.

"Not bad... For a bunch of kids," he muttered to himself before collapsing to the ground; appearing to have lost consciousness.

As Skeletal's body merged with the environment, disappearing from sight, Ben and Sky would turn to face the former queen of Bramn, who had regained some strength. She stood up with confidence, her body covered in bruises and cuts.

"I'll get you next time, little humans," she sneered.

But before she could take a step, a gunshot rang through the air. AV4X would begin to leak black blood from her chest as she collapsed to her feet, murmuring in pain. As the heroes tried to locate the shooter, they spotted Bella-Rose, extending her arm with a pistol in hand.

"Don't worry," Megan said as she aimed at AV4X's head. "She won't be getting up again. No one fucks with my family!"

"NO!" XLR8 shouted.

In the heat of the moment, Bella-Rose's heart pounded with adrenaline as she made a split-second decision that would change the course of everything. The weight of responsibility hung heavy on her shoulders, and she knew that the lives of countless innocents were at stake. With stubborn determination, she aimed her weapon and squeezed the trigger, the gunshot ringing out like a thunderclap.

The bullet whizzed through the air with deadly precision, finding its mark in the centre of AV4X's forehead. Time seemed to slow for an instant as the projectile pierced through, and in that fleeting moment, Bella-Rose's resolve was unshakable. She knew that this was the only way to ensure the safety of those she loved and the vulnerable they had sworn to protect.

With a sickening thud, AV4X crumpled to the ground, lifeless and defeated, her malevolence extinguished in an instant. Blood pooled around her, the grim reality of the moment contrasting sharply with the triumph of the heroes.

As Bella-Rose lowered her gun, her hands trembled, the magnitude of her action sinking in. Her breaths came heavy and laboured, her heart still racing from the intense battle. She turned to face her fellow heroes, who stared at her with a mixture of shock and awe.

The disbelief in their eyes was palpable, but Bella-Rose knew she had done what was necessary. She forced herself to maintain a facade of strength, despite the inner turmoil she felt. She knew that heroes sometimes had to make difficult choices and confront the darkness head-on, even if it meant crossing lines they never thought they would.

Centa nodded his head, agreeing with her actions, finding her intriguing. In the same lane, Apollo also approved, more feeling overwhelmed by the loss of Lola. But for nearly everyone else, besides Graviton, they were shocked by the sudden death of the villainous queen.

Yes, she was a villain, but she didn't deserve to die like that. No one does.

XLR8 and Black Star would look away from AV4X's corpse, their thoughts swirling with anger and frustration.

"Let's go home," Rift spoke, trying to hide his emotions.

"Yeah," Baroness Rose agreed, looking down at the ground. "Let's get out of here..."