2 - Madness In The Skies

HILLING FAMILY HOME, LONDON

Lola sat in her brand new coat, designed specifically to look like the TARDIS from Doctor Who. Watching the television, she had been glued to the screen since Grey's Anatomy was on. This was something special to her, another show that she truly loved. As she continued to watch, her mother, Tanya, would enter the room.

Holding a cup of tea in one hand, the woman set it down on the table beside Lola. She didn't say much, just sitting down on the sofa and watching the television alongside her daughter. Tanya knew too well how much Lola loved her TV shows, so this was nothing new to her.

The two sat in silence, just enjoying each other's company and watching the show playing before them. But this wouldn't last for long.

Soon the sound of shooting came from outside, radiating down from the sky. The house shook as two ships entered London's atmosphere, blasting at each other as they pursued each other around the skies of the city.

Tanya would glance over to her daughter, seeing her shocked expression. The pair jumped to their feet and hurried over to the window, leaning out to watch the battle unfold. They watched as the Bramnium X-Wing followed The De Vil Rocket, both firing at the other. Both fighters were incredibly fast, outpacing any ship found on Earth.

Lola was stunned, shocked.

"Aliens?" she coughed, taking in a deep breath and gasping slightly.

Her eyes were wide and her mouth hung open, unable to believe what she was witnessing. The two crafts shot at each other, with the missing shots creating massive explosions in the city.

Tanya would be worried at first, fearing for her daughter's safety. But then she noticed Lola wasn't scared; instead, she was laughing. As Lola crossed her arms, she turned to face her mother.

"Sky isn't here..." she whispered.

"That doesn't mean-"

"No, Mum. It does." Lola nodded her head. "London needs The Blinding Light!"

Both women turned to the window again, watching as the battle was occurring all around them. There was no sign of any hero yet, and they knew that had to change.

---

DELLBLADE INDUSTRIES, LONDON

Dr Arachnean stood distraught, still overwhelmed that she had killed Xzerum. The fight was incredibly brutal and she was still ridden with guilt over what she did. Beside her stood her mutant friend, Centa, with his orange, scaly self on display for all to see. Trying to comfort his friend, he unwillingly chittered away as the pair sat in silence. But that wouldn't last for long as the walls of the factory started to shake.

The pair looked at one another, shocked, quickly heading to the exit of the building. As Dr Arachnean rushed through the doors, Centa ran behind her. Together they dashed out into the street, seeing what was happening.

They soon realised the gravity of the situation, as they noticed the two alien ships in the air. They were shooting at each other, but the blasts were so powerful, that when they missed, the buildings around them were destroyed.

As the pair raced across the streets, they suddenly came across a familiar hero. Black Star was stood nearby, watching the chaos unfold. She was already in her blue superhero outfit, concerned by what she was witnessing. The two insect-themed heroes joined the heroine's side, turning to her.

"Where's Freight-Tale?" Arachnean asked, causing Sapphire to tilt her head in confusion. "Oh, sorry! I'm Dr Arachnean, this is Centa!"

Centa nodded his head ever so slightly.

"I have no clue," Black Star sighed. "But I have a bad feeling about this, we need to get to Hellford!"

Arachnean nodded her head, agreeing.

Together the three heroes dashed off to their desired destination, quickly crossing London's streets while pushing themselves to their limits.

---

HELLFORD LABORATORIES, LONDON

As the structure shook from the explosions caused by the alien crafts, a number of scientists and workers scrambled around the place. One of these people was Professor John Stevens, who was standing near the main entrance, trying to calm down some of his fellow researchers. Looking around for his friend, his eyes would soon catch him as the large bat-mutant entered the room.

"Calm down everyone!" Batsy announced, projecting his voice to the crowd. "Head to the safe room, John and Luna will guide you!"

As the head scientist and the receptionist led the large group of people to the panic room, Batsy turned to the staircase. He knew a few of his friends were still on the second floor, but he knew they'd be safe.

He soon reached the stairs and climbed up to the second level of the building. Falling into the corridor, he hurried his way down before reaching the robotics lab. He opened the door, finding himself in front of his friends.

"Batsy!" spoke a female voice.

Looking at the speaker, he saw Disney Duchess, already in her sleek black armour. Beside her was her cyborg-looking friend, Rift, shaken and confused by what was happening. The lab they were in had no windows, so they had no idea of the commotion outside.

The pair were standing over a feminine-looking robot, which seemed to be deactivated. She was named EVA and was currently in the middle of receiving an upgrade, but now due to the attacks, the machine she was sitting upon began to shake.

Belle and Rift immediately noticed the worried expression on their friend's face, rushing over to him as soon as he entered the room.

"What's wrong?" Belle asked.

"We're not sure," Batsy replied. "There are two ships in the sky, shooting at each other like crazy. We think it might be aliens but we aren't sure. Some of their attacks are hitting the city, destroying buildings and creating destruction everywhere!"

Rift and Disney felt alarmed by the news, turning to one another before nodding. Deciding to let EVA activate, the trio sprinted out of the room as the robotic woman slowly but surely came to life.

Batsy, Rift and Disney Duchess made their way down the hallways of Hellford Laboratories, trying to reach the lobby. However, the entire building was shaking from the explosions going on above and around them. As they stumbled about, they kept their balance by using the wall to help them along.

When they eventually reached the lobby, Batsy and company continued as they made their way to the exit of the building. They were then met by the sight of a massive ship, shooting at another vessel. Both vessels were in the skies above London, causing the trio to gasp in shock.

"Batsy!" a voice suddenly yelled out, catching his attention.

As they turned to locate where the voice came from, the scientist quickly spotted Black Star, Dr Arachnean and Centa. The group were all running towards the others, having come from round the corner of the street.

"Three for the price of one!" he gasped with happiness. "Centa, Black Star, and Arachnean! You're here!"

"Yeah!" the two females responded.

As the six joined up, they looked to the sky once more, seeing the ships still firing at each other. But as they peered up, they'd quickly gasp at a sight they never expected.

"Oh my goodness!" exclaimed Disney Duchess.

The Blinding Light was shooting through the air, with the golden-white heavenly light heavily radiating off of the woman's skin. She was heading straight towards the conflict, her golden hair flowing around her body as she did so.

"Lola!" Sapphire gasped, instantly recognising the woman.

"If she's gone out to fight the aliens, we should also go out there!" Batsy cracked his knuckles, turning to Belle. "You ready Duchess?"

"Absolutely," the armoured heroine replied. "Lead the way, Hassan!"