7 - The Calm After The Storm

After helping a family of four out of the creaking building, it would quickly begin to shake once more. This time, however, it shook so violently that it toppled over, causing its roof to collapse, and scaring the people below. Everyone ran for safety as Rift and Arachnean stood side by side.

Looking up at the collapsing building, they knew not everyone would get out of the way in time, so they decided to get to work.

Holding his hands up high, Rift would cast his telekinesis around the debris, using all his strength to keep it from flattening anyone underneath. As he concentrated, his skin grew cold, his eyes glowing blue as he focused entirely on keeping the rubble in place.

At the same time, Arachnean grabbed a bunch of her web grenades before then taking in a deep breath. Squinting her eyes, she launched each explosive in a calculated way, with them soon exploding after they were thrown. Webs would erupt out from the devices, wrapping around and entangling the falling wreckage.

"That should help!" she nodded, turning to face Rift.

Apollo, Chief Death and Carl helped the last few civilians away from the building with Rift and Arachnean being the last to leave, just getting to a safety zone as the structure fully collapsed. They watched as it demolished in the distance, leaving nothing but a pile of rubble and a cloud of dust.

"Well done..." Chief Death smiled, patting Rift on the back.

Finally, as the smoke cleared and everyone was safe, the group would sigh with relief.

"Wait..." Arachnean gasped, looking around. "Where's Centa?"

---

Centa was launched across the air of the bar and out of the door, landing on the wood of the docks with a thud. Water washed over him as Ariel marched forwards, cracking her knuckles and smirking at him.

"We've been waiting for you." she chuckled, raising her fist up. "Now it's time to have a little chat..."

Squinting his eyes and shaking his head, Centa took a deep breath and raised himself up.

"Am I seriously having to fight a little girl?!" he scoffed. "You ain't even the real Ariel! You're a wannabe, a fake!"

Fury grew in the female's eyes as balls of water formed in her hands, ready to be fired. Launching forward, she sent her attacks straight towards Centa without hesitating. He dodged them easily, evading left and right as the blasts sailed past.

"I'm the best there is!" she growled, firing another one.

But once again, Cal eluded the attack, rushing forwards towards the princess. Without any warning, he tackled her, pushing her onto the ground and holding her down. Immediately he began punching away at her face, causing her to scream in pain as he did. Centa wouldn't stop until he'd smashed her head in, or at least that was what the mutant thought.

As he continued his brawl, Ariel's mask began to crack from the force of the centipede's punches. But instead of stopping, Centa kept going, grabbing her hair and pulling it upwards. With a yelp, Ariel kicked out, aiming her foot directly at Centa's privates; but with a swift move, he spun out of the way.

"Bastard!" Ariel screamed.

Cal had enough, deciding to smash her face into a nearby wall repeatedly.

"You're pathetic!" Centa spat, spitting some kind of venom onto the floor. "Fuck off, fish bitch!"

With an incredible force, Cal sent Ariel flying across the air, with her hurtling for the river Thames. She hit the water with a huge splash and quickly sunk to the bottom, disappearing from sight.