20 - Entering The Coliseum

As the heroes explained to Fast Maker what had occurred, the Bramnium turned back towards the beast, grinning with pride. He was quite pleased with the outcome, knowing now that they were able to communicate with the creature.

"I'll stay behind with our new friend to protect the rocket," XLR8 told the heroes. "You all go ahead."

"Are you sure?" Lola asked, getting a nod in response.

"Yes, I'm sure. Go on, hurry along."

The heroes nodded their heads in agreement, turning their attention back to Fast Maker. He explained about seeing a large coliseum-like building nearby where the Bramnium X-Wing was parked before. Being guarded by several skeleton knights and other creatures, Ben explained that it was likely where their friends were being held.

"It's not too far, should only take us around 15 minutes to reach the arena," Fast Maker explained. "If we head straight west from here, we'll come across it in no time."

The heroes nodded their heads in understanding, waving goodbye to XLR8 and the beast as they departed. Batsy went first, followed by the rest of the group, hurrying through the barren wasteland. Passing several large shards of bone, the heroes kept going, travelling along the path towards their destination. As they drew closer, the Bramnium X-Wing became visible against the horizon, surrounded by a few skeleton soldiers.

With that, the group came to a stop, spotting a white boulder nearby and taking cover. Silently studying around the area, Rift soon noticed an entrance to the coliseum-like structure in the distance, along with many more skeletons stationed outside. Pointing it out to the others, the heroes decided there was nothing for it but to try and enter, but first, they needed to gain entry to the building.

"Two guards at the ship and another four at the entrance," Apollo whispered, pointing at the group. "I don't think we can take them all at once, so maybe a diversion is in order."

"Agreed," Black Star replied quietly. "We'll draw their attention away from the entrance, then move in to rescue our friends."

A plan was set into motion, one that would hopefully bring the heroes within range of rescuing their comrades. The Rockatrayen siblings were up first, using their powers to pull metal and rock from the ground. Combining the resources together to make a large ball, Rift would follow up by taking hold of it with his telekinesis, tossing it directly over and behind the ship and coliseum. With a loud thud, the orb hit the ground, creating a crater and sending debris flying everywhere. The several soldiers standing guard were immediately alerted to what had happened, rushing over to investigate the disturbance and leaving the building open for the heroes to enter.

"Of course, they're not that smart," Graviton muttered sarcastically. "Now let's go save your friends!"

The group swiftly made their way towards the structure, reaching the entrance with ease. Pushing their way inside, the heroes immediately found themselves face to face with two skeletons guarding the entrance. The pair seemed rather surprised to see the group, quickly raising their swords in preparation for battle.

With no time to waste, Lola created two balls of light and hurled them at the guards, hitting each one in the chest and knocking them backwards, obliterating them into a dozen pieces. Without hesitation, the heroes moved on, feeling a dark aura coming from a room directly at the end of the passageway. It was clear this location was where the captives were being held, which meant they would have to fight their way past a number of guards that were likely inside.

"No time to hesitate," Black Star stated confidently, moving forward with her hands in front of her. "Let's get to work!"

The heroes rushed towards the room, preparing themselves for whatever horrors were to come. Arriving at the door, they entered without delay, with the sight that awaited them causing them to freeze in place. Witnessing the four heroes levitating over the pedestals that circled the centre of the room, their eyes would scan across the area, soon landing on Bonez and Skeletal standing over Baroness Rose. Holding a large bone blade and a spear respectively, the two villains would gasp as they overheard the heroes' entry.

"What is this?" Bonez growled.

"We're too late..." Fast Maker gasped.

"Not to save our friends!" Batsy yelled, pointing towards Shakura.

As the team went to move forward, AV4X would suddenly land before them, blocking their path. With a devilish smirk plastered across her face, the villain refused to let the heroes pass. Her eyes would lock onto Fast Maker, glaring at him with hatred in her eyes. A sudden wave of fury washed over her, making her lose control of herself briefly. She lashed out with a punch from her tentacle hair, slamming it into the chests of the hero, knocking him back.

"Ben!" Lola shouted, scared for her brother.

"I've got this!" Fast Maker responded, keeping his head up high.

"You're not going anywhere," AV4X told the heroes, flexing her muscles. "In fact, I'm going to crush you!"

"We'll see about that!" Ben smirked, readying himself for combat.

The super-powered being charged at the villain, swinging his arms wildly. However, AV4X barely flinched, easily dodging or deflecting each attack with minimal effort. In a split second, she would launch a kick towards Ben's stomach, knocking him back onto his ass. Shaking his head and jumping onto his feet, Ben sent an electrically charged punch directly into her face, causing the villain to grunt with pain. Tapping onto his watch, BECKI's holographic head would form from the De Vil captain's device, giving AV4X a sudden shock to the brain.

The A.I., using her three-dimensional head, which was developed by interfering rays of light, began to swirl around the female Bramniumian's body like a tornado. Attempting to swat BECKI away, AV4X's hand would phase through the hologram, with the bright blue light of BECKI's face soon starting to blind the alien. AV4X's movements became slower and more erratic, as she couldn't focus properly on things around her.

Meanwhile, the rest of the team turned their attention towards Bonez and Skeletal, who were now staring wide-eyed at the group before them. As they stood there dumbfounded, the heroes would rush over, ready to strike down the villains.

"Lola!" Freight-Tale yelled with happiness as he spotted his sister, floating above one of the pedestals.

"Freight!" Lola called out joyfully, smirking at her brother.

But before the team could reach the lovers, Bonez would yell with a fit of ferocious anger. Waving her hand towards the charging heroes, a giant black wave of energy would shoot towards them, sending them all flying backwards. Smashing onto the hard floor, the team would groan in pain as they tried to recover. Seeing that the attackers weren't getting up anytime soon, Bonez would step forward, shaking her head as she held her blade towards them.

"We're done playing games," Bonez roared, ready to slay her prey. "Time to finish this!"