25 - Reflections In The Stars

The group slowly but surely strolled through the biomes of Ribernal, making their way towards their rocket. The sky above them was getting dark and it seemed as though that nightfall was approaching fast.

As they walked, the heroes would glance at each other, each of them having mixed feelings about what had transpired.

On one side, they felt happy to have defeated the villains and saved their friends. On the other, however, they couldn't help but feel guilty for taking the life of such a powerful and dangerous foe. Most of them knew killing wasn't the answer, especially when it came to villains. They all wanted to do the right thing, even if it meant sacrificing themselves like Lola just had.

After all, they were heroes. That was the only reason why they'd volunteered to fight these villains in the first place. It was because of their courage, bravery, and determination to protect others.

They were the best of the best. And no matter how tough or strong the villain may be, they never gave up.

And that's exactly what they did.

Even though they knew the outcome would be grim, they still fought hard until the bitter end. Even though they knew the odds were against them, they still persevered.

Because that's what heroes do.

But as much as they wanted to say they were proud of themselves, deep down inside, they weren't sure if they were supposed to feel good about what happened. Because despite defeating Bonez, AV4X and Skeletal, the heroes were also responsible for losing a woman who was trying to make a difference. A woman who was trying to save the world from evil.

A woman who was doing everything in her power to prevent the villains from destroying the universe. A woman who loved her family, her cousins, her brothers, her parents. Lola had sacrificed herself so that the heroes could live another day. So that they wouldn't have to fear the villains anymore.

And now, she was gone. Forever.

Ben looked over at Sky, seeing him walking alongside the others, his expression blank. He didn't know how to react. How could he? His sister, his one true best friend, was gone forever.

He didn't want to believe it. Not after all the times they shared together, all the memories they created.

It was hard to accept that she was really gone. That she would never return to them.

The pain in his heart was unbearable, and he felt as if a part of him had been torn away. The grief consumed him, leaving him feeling empty and lost.

The weight of her absence was crushing, and he couldn't imagine a world without her. She was the light of his life, and now that light had been extinguished forever.

He wished he could turn back time, go back to that moment that had just transpired, and swap places with her, never letting her go. But life didn't work that way, and he was left with a void that could never be filled.

The pain was not only his; he could see it in the eyes of his friends too. They were all grieving, trying to find solace in each other's presence.

He wanted to talk about her, share memories, and keep her alive in their hearts, but the words were stuck in his throat, choked by sorrow.

Ben, on the other hand, appeared to be in complete shock. He didn't know what to think. He didn't understand. He didn't know how to cope with this new reality.

All he knew was that Lola was dead. And there was nothing anyone could do about it. Nothing except to grieve for her, cry for her, mourn for her.

His mind was racing with questions, wondering why this had to happen. Why did she have to die? What did she ever do wrong? Was it because of the villain's plan? Did they somehow manipulate her into committing suicide? Or maybe it was something else entirely. Something completely unrelated to the villains' plans.