23 - Eclipsing The Darkness

"It looks like a T-rex, but on four legs, and made entirely of bone," The Golden Edge muttered as she stared at the gigantic beast.

"How did you manage to domesticate a Yotosaur?" Bonez hollered with disgust. "They are notoriously known as being aggressive, violent creatures!"

"I'm sure you've heard of the saying 'bigger is better'?" XLR8 chuckled. "Charge!"

With that, the dinosaur would charge at the villains and their army, knocking the horde of skeletons aside with ease. It was like a bulldozer, smashing everything in its path. Bones would shatter under the weight of the creature, with many soldiers crumbling to pieces.

At the same time, Skeletal managed to overwhelm Centa. The mutant was holding his own, but Skeletal was clearly stronger than him. With a final swing of the Ribberton's spear, Centa would be sent flying across the battlefield, slamming into a group of skeletons.

"Gah!" he grunted as he landed, rolling across the floor.

Spotting the downed centipede, Black Star and Graviton would rush over to him. Using their gravitational powers, the pair landed on either side of Centa, lifting him away from the carnage. Defending their friend, the heroes would blast Skeletal with rocks and metal that was forged from the ground itself.

"That's enough!" Bonez shouted, blasting them both with a barrage of bones out of nowhere.

The duo were bashed off their feet, crashing to the ground hard beside Centa. As the three peered around the battleground, they noticed Baroness Rose trapped within a cage of bone, unable to move. At the same time, a group of crossbow-armed skeletons approached, firing their rounds through the air. Bella-Rose and Batsy would both get caught in the storm, getting shot and hit multiple times.

Even with the Yotosaur and XLR8 now present, Bonez and Skeletal still seemed unstoppable. The two lovers seemed to have started to take control of the entire battlefield, destroying anyone who dared to stand against them.

Apollo and Fast Maker would be the next to get taken down. After trying to protect themselves from the army of skeleton knights, the heroes were quickly overpowered by the sheer numbers. They tried to use their skills to escape, but they were eventually cornered.

"We're going to die here!" Apollo cried out.

"You think I don't know that?!" Fast Maker yelled back.

Even XLR8 would get taken down, being shot off from the back of the Yotosaur by a flurry of arrows. The dinosaur-like creature would turn around, roaring angrily, attempting to disembowel those who'd attacked it. But it too would get surrounded by a swarm of skeletons.

"Get them! Kill them all!" Bonez roared. "Kill them all!"

Back to back, Disney Duchess and Rift would try to defend themselves against the skeletons. But even with their combined power, the skeletons would keep coming, pushing them further and further back.

"This is hopeless!" Disney Duchess cried out.

"Don't give up yet!" Rift called out, fighting alongside her. "We can do this!"

But before they could finish, the two heroes would be struck down. Their heads would strike the ground with a sickening thud, creating dents in the dirt beneath them. The pair would fall unconscious, leaving their bodies vulnerable to the enemy.

Even Freight-Tale and The Golden Edge would get knocked down to the ground, getting attacked by AV4X as they focused on other targets. First would be Priestess Ivy, having The Staff Of Crimson knocked out of her hands. Gasping as she watched her royal weapon fall to the ground, the tribe leader would quickly attempt to retrieve it. But before she could, AV4X, bleeding from her wound, would grab her by the arm, dragging her to the ground.