12 - In Pursuit Of Ultimate Power

The Bramnium X-Wing flew past the multiple dead stars littering the sky, heading towards Ribernal. The green ship easily dodged any asteroids or space debris and continued to fly through the void, until finally, it began to encroach on the planet.

"There it is..." AV4X chuckled, standing opposite the ship's console. "I told you I'd get you here!"

Skeletal stood out from the darkness, the skull pendant in hand.

"Good job," the creature said coldly, watching as they came closer to the planet. "Now, let's see if our plan works."

AV4X turned around, looking back at Skeletal.

"You know, I did have a question..."

His head slowly turned to face her.

"Ask..."

"So, as I'm helping reunite you with your love, and assisting you in getting your planet back, do you think you could maybe give me something in return?"

The alien skeleton paused for a moment, thinking about her request. He was still unsure whether he wanted to help her at all. After all, he knew she was a parasite, using his emotions to get what she wants. But, she was helping him with the X-Wing, so why shouldn't he help her with something?

"What is it you want?" Skeletal asked curiously.

"I want Bramn back under my control, I want the Alignment Of The Eight to bow to my every will... and I'd like you to be in charge of everything once again."

Skeletal cocked his head, smiling in amusement.

"Really? Well, consider it done, I suppose. But remember if you betray me, I will curse you into becoming one of my many skeleton soldiers. And trust me, you don't want that... you really don't."

AV4X smiled, nodding in agreement.

"That's fair enough. Now, are we gonna do this?"

The Bramnium X-Wing began to dip lower and lower towards the purple and white planet below. As it descended, AV4X quickly took in the pink sky, with the many swirling clouds that made up its atmosphere. Meanwhile, on the ground, everything looked mostly dead. A few plants could be seen, but they would look like nothing that was ever seen before. There were some flowers and weeds, but they were made up entirely of bone. This planet seemed to be devoid of life, with nothing living to be seen for miles.

Soon a large white building came into view, resembling a large coliseum. With huge walls made out of an unidentified material, it stood tall and proud, almost like an ancient structure. Many pillars decorated the circular exterior walls, with engravings of skulls surrounding a giant doorway that faced the oncoming X-Wing.

"This is it..." Skeletal whispered, looking down at his pendant. "It's time."

The ship anchored just outside the structure, landing on the purple soil and gently slowing down until it settled. AV4X stepped out onto the land, looking up to the coliseum. A strange wind blew, blowing through her tentacle hair and causing it to flutter in the air.

"Ready?" Skeletal asked, exiting the vessel himself and joining the Bramnium's side.

"Yeah, but what exactly is this place?" AV4X questioned, looking around with a puzzled expression. "Is it safe for me to enter? I mean, there aren't any traps that are going to chop my beautiful head right off, right?"

Skeletal chuckled.

"Relax, my ancestors designed and erected this monumental edifice to help in ominous times such as this. The Cartilaginous Coliseum was built to help channel Dire Magic, which can then be used to boost my powers... With me by your side, nothing should go wrong."

With the building only a couple of meters away, Skeletal pointed to the entrance.

"Let us find out what lies within."

The former Bramnium queen turned to face her new friend, confused.

"You haven't been inside before?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No, never. I never had a need for this place, and always wondered why it was built. But now I understand. The universe is a sick and unhealthy place, with measly creatures destroying every inch of it. Especially those humans. Trapping me in stone for what felt like a lifetime..." he grumbled. "When those tribes placed me in stone alongside that goddess, I had time to think. I pondered on how the cosmos could be resurrected and it fell on me. I had to find my beloved and continue our conquest. Take over the galaxy, to save it! This world is perfect for that! A perfect starting point. And once Bonez is back by my side, ready to help me reclaim all that has been lost, that's when things will happen. For the first time in centuries, I'll have control of everything!"

He held his head up high, the two walking towards the colossal entrance. As the pair approached the opening, they noticed an inscription on the wall. Written in the language of the Ribberton's, Skeletal would read it aloud.

"In the coliseum's depths, bones imbued, mighty darkness rises, shadows pursued. Amplified power, a sinister force, conquerors emerge, with no remorse."

Skeletal stopped in front of the entrance, turning to face his companion.

"Come, let's begin."

But before the duo entered the structure, their heads would perk up as roaring would be heard in the distance. AV4X's face turned to one of confusion, as it became clear the sound wasn't coming from inside the coliseum.

"What is that noise?" she asked, looking around with a perplexed expression.

"Nothing to worry about, just one of this planet's many monsters," Skeletal replied, holding his spear at the ready. "It's best to stay alert and keep your wits about you at all times. Especially in a place like this. Now come, let us enter."

With that final word, Skeletal pushed open the doors, revealing a long tunnel with flickering torches lining the walls. The flames were pitch black, casting long shadows across the floor as the duo walked forward, passing several passages leading deeper into the building. Every once in a while, Skeletal would stop and inspect something along the way, making sure they weren't ambushed by hidden threats.

At the very end of the hallway, Skeletal halted, looking up and pointing to a door with his spear.

"The Sternum Hall, exactly where we want to be," he said, moving closer to the room.

AV4X remained silent, looking around with nervous eyes. She wasn't sure if she wanted to be here, but this was exactly the place she needed to be if she wanted to get her power back and finally get revenge on The De Vil Crew. They had done so much damage to her, it seemed fitting for them to pay the ultimate price.

"Let's do this, Skeletal," AV4X breathed, taking a deep breath to steady herself. "We're getting what's rightfully ours!"

She opened the door and stepped through, allowing Skeletal to enter behind her. Entering a large, round chamber, in the centre would be two stone beds surrounded by four pedestals made of the same material. Overlooking the whole scene was a section of stone forming a balcony. The balcony was held up by several pillars, holding a circular stone plate on the risen area's barrier. With a section to fit the skull pendant, it seemed like everything was falling into place.

"Finally, she shall return to us..." he cackled. "Finally, Bonez shall return!"

As Skeletal moved towards the stairway to the balcony, the entire room lit up, blinding him momentarily. When his vision returned, he'd reach the top, with AV4X just behind him. Taking the skull pendant towards the stone wheel on the table, a bright light emerged from it, illuminating the room. The closer the pendant got to the wheel, the brighter the light glowed, before Skeletal finally placed it in the section carved out for it.

The bodies of the heroes would suddenly appear, with each floating over one of the pedestals, as Baroness Rose materialised onto one of the stone beds. Each was still surrounded in the black force field, all unconscious and still unaware of anything happening around them.

"Now... We begin..." Skeletal whispered under his breath.