18 - Dancing Around The Dark Arts

Baroness Rose awoke to the sound of voices, groaning slightly as she looked around. Her surroundings were unfamiliar and her body ached. She tried to move but found there was some sort of force field surrounding her. Her body refused to let her move her head too far without the feeling of intense pain. It was like every part of her was being pulled apart.

"Oh god, I can't feel my body," Baroness Rose whimpered in fear. "Where am I?"

All she could see was the roof of the coliseum, but she couldn't recall how she'd gotten there or when she'd arrived. The last thing she remembered was The De Vil Rocket crashing into the ground, but that's when she began to remember the fighting, the chaos.

Soon, Skeletal stood forward, towering over her with a smug grin upon his face. He slowly lifted up his spear, causing Shakura to panic even more.

"Rise and shine oh dear Baroness, as you've been brought here for a very special reason!" Skeletal laughed. "I'm sure you know why you're here, don't you? You will no longer be the catalyst that holds my beloved Bonez, watch, as I free her from your grasp!"

Suddenly, the four heroes levitating over the pedestals awoke, finding themselves unable to move also. As they struggled with their restraints, all of them cried out in pain.

"What's going on?" Bella-Rose called out, struggling to move.

"Let us go!" Freight-Tale yelled. "You have no right!"

Skeletal and AV4X smiled, with the Bramnium stepping towards the stone plate on the balcony. Soon Skeletal would join her side, with the pair looking out at the heroes.

"The time is now..." Skeletal declared, rising his spear into the air with one hand. "Watch, as Bonez rises!"

Sending a punch towards the tablet, the entire room would begin to shake. Black magical energy began to fill the room, causing the pedestals holding each hero to glow brightly. The air filled with a dark mist, which quickly transformed into smoke. Alongside that, the smell of rotten meat would begin to fill the room, accompanied by the sound of multiple eerie voices mumbling, getting louder by the second.

"Come to me!" Skeletal screamed. "Climb aboard the land of the living! Rise up and take your rightful place once again!"

Each force field began to glow brighter than ever before, while the strange voices grew more and more intense. Soon, beams erupted from the pedestals, hitting the stone beds in the centre. The dark energy began to travel and seep into Baroness Rose's body, making her feel weaker by the moment. Each hero screamed out in immense pain, trying to break free if possible– but to no avail.

"Stop this!" Disney Duchess wailed, crying out in agony as she felt like her body was being torn apart.

"This has gone on far enough!" The Golden Edge shouted, struggling against the force field. "Release us!"

But no matter what the heroes said, the villains simply ignored them, continuing to watch and laugh.

Soon, Baroness Rose began to levitate, slowly lifting off the stone bed. For a few moments, the entire room shook wildly, before the pillars holding the heroes began to warp between white and black. The mist slowly was absorbed by Shakura as she screamed louder than the others before the lights then switched off. Everything was plunged into darkness for a few seconds before a black glow revealed the Baroness. 

With her still in the air, everyone present watched as a skeleton creature began to materialise out from her body, with them heading for the second bed. Soon, the two bodies split, with them slowly resting on the two stone beds below them. The lights would soon flicker back on again, revealing the villains watching with glee.

"My love?" Skeletal questioned, gradually making his way over to the second bed.

Slowly but surely, a female skeleton woman sat up from her bed. Wearing a beautifully sleek purple kimono, the figure let out a high-pitched cackle, as particles of Dire Magic swirled around her. Before long, she stood up and away from where she lay, playing with the black hair that somehow stood on her undead head. Cracking her neck, the female Ribberton raised herself up to look at Skeletal, who was standing, looking down at her.

"Yes, it is I..." Bonez smirked. "You have rescued me from that literate hell, for which I thank you, my love."

The two undead lovers stepped towards one another before Skeletal placed his arms around Bonez and kissed her skulled lips. His other hand gripped the handle of his spear, but he didn't pay it any attention, fully embracing the fact that Bonez was now in his arms again.

"Good to be back with you..." Skeletal whispered. "Now, what do you say about us finally taking and claiming the universe?"

Bonez nodded, giggling before spotting AV4X. She was shocked to see her lover teaming up with someone but she was more shocked at the fact they were female and not a Ribberton. It was such an odd sight.

"And who is that?" Bonez asked, her eyes narrowing as she looked at the former queen of Bramn, who stared back.

"That's AV4X, my darling," Skeletal replied happily. "She helped me locate you and assisted me in getting here, so I could be with you."

AV4X was silent, her expression blank as she observed the two skeletons. Then she spoke up, looking slightly awkward.

"I've heard the stories about you Bonez, but I never thought I'd actually meet you in person..." she said. "Skeletal promised that in exchange for aiding you both, he'd give me back my power. So I can finally rule over Bramn again."

"Aww, how sweet..." Bonez chuckled. "If that's what was offered, then it's what you shall receive when the time is right. But first, I think it's time to decide what we do to these lot..."

The three villains looked over the heroes, smiling as they watched them floating in the force fields. The dark magic had already begun to drain the life out of them, along with the energy that had been drained from them for the ritual. At this rate, the heroes would soon be dead...

"So, what are your thoughts?" Skeletal asked, turning to his wife.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I want to have some fun with them..." Bonez replied.

"Same here..." he added.

"Then by all means..." she smiled, taking her husband's hand. "Let us begin our feast! Let the universe tremble at our return!"

"Farewell, Earthlings..." AV4X spoke, chuckling, standing behind the lovers.

With that said, the royal pair descended from the balcony and slowly made their way towards the centre of the room, romantically crossing their arms as they did.