21 - When Bones Beckon

While the heroes recovered, Bonez moved closer towards the group, preparing herself for battle. Taking a deep breath, she looked up at the ceiling, calming herself down and trying to regain her composure. This was the moment she had been waiting for, she wasn't going to fail now!

Stabbing her machete into the ground, Bonez would chant in an unrecognisable language. As she did, a dark energy channelled down her weapon and into the floor below, creating several cracks in the stone. Within seconds, several skeleton soldiers emerged from the ground, letting out a loud screech as they burrowed up and through the floor. The army of skeletons would approach the heroes, their sharpened blades ready to slice and kill.

For every hero would be three soldiers, each one holding a dagger or a boney long curved sword. Every weapon would be made up of the same calcium-rich material, allowing them to cut through anything. Their white and black armour would make them look almost impenetrable, but that didn't mean they couldn't be killed.

With no time to lose, the valiant heroes would courageously begin to fight back against the formidable enemy forces. The mighty Apollo, renowned for his archery prowess, swiftly notched an arrow to his bow and aimed with unwavering precision at one of the menacing skeleton knights. With a resounding twang, the arrow was released, its flight as swift as the wind, and it found its mark with unerring accuracy, piercing through the skull plate of the knight's menacing helmet. In a split second, the formidable adversary crumpled to the ground, its bone-body armour shattering into countless pieces, signifying a decisive blow in the favour of the heroic defenders. The battlefield echoed with the clash of steel and the cries of brave warriors, as they stood firm against the relentless tide of darkness, their determination unyielding, and their spirits ablaze with the passion of righteousness.

Meanwhile, the enigmatic Rift, gifted with formidable telekinetic abilities, sought to turn the tide by using his powers to manipulate the environment around him. With a determined focus, he exerted his mind's force to push one of the relentless undead soldiers aside. Yet, the skeletal foe proved to be remarkably agile and cunning, swiftly countering with a powerful swipe of its bony arm, sending Rift hurtling through the air, and causing him to land on his side with a painful thud.

As Rift groaned and struggled to regain his footing, the determined skeleton soldier seized the opportunity to deliver a deadly blow. Raising its malevolent blade high above its head, it charged at the vulnerable hero, intent on severing his leg in a vicious strike. The perilous moment hung in the balance, but fate had other plans.

In the nick of time, Black Star took swift action. With a commanding gesture, she unleashed a blast of rocks and debris, channelling her own formidable abilities. The sudden torrent of stones surged toward the relentless skeleton soldier, causing it to stumble and lose its balance. The undead warrior's malevolent intent was thwarted, as it crashed to the ground, its cold, lifeless form momentarily subdued.

As Rift mustered his strength and rose to his feet once more, he exchanged a grateful nod with Black Star. The duo understood the importance of their synchronicity in this perilous battle. With renewed determination, they steeled themselves for the relentless waves of adversaries yet to come, knowing that their alliance and unwavering perseverance would be the key to triumphing over the forces of darkness.

Graviton, by his sister's side, used his gravity powers to hurl one of the skeletons into another soldier, knocking it clean off its feet. However, as Graviton did so, he would feel something press on his shoulder, forcing him to release his grip. Turning around, the male Rockatrayen would find himself facing a skeleton soldier, with their sword raised in front of them. Grasping the handle of the bony blade, the skeleton would swing again at Onyx, colliding with his back.

The Blinding Light, however, would leap forward, summoning a flurry of balls made from light energy. Each ball would hit its target, exploding and sending bone shrapnel everywhere. The first two balls would shatter the bones of both soldiers, including the one targeting Onyx, while the third would send another skeleton back into some of the undead ranks, tumbling through them.

At the same time, Batsy glided across the air, using his large wings to soar through the group of enemies. Landing on one of the closest skeletons, he would rip a hole straight through the chest plate with his claws, tearing apart the ribcage and revealing its hollow insides. Centa though, stood completely still, staring down Skeletal and Bonez. He was determined to defeat both of them, just like he had defeated all those insectoids back in America.

Diving for cover while holding his gun close to his body, Centa would fire multiple shots towards Skeletal and Bonez. But, with no time to aim, he only managed to hit the stone pedestal under Bella-Rose, sending loose fragments of stone and dust everywhere. Chittering away, Centa knew he needed to focus. Firing more shots at the pair, Centa would see one of the skeleton soldiers dash forwards, swinging its sword at his face.

Acting quickly, Centa would duck to avoid the blow, but his foot would slip off the edge beside him. Falling backwards, Centa would tumble over a step and land on the ground below. Cursing, he watched as Skeletal and Bonez turned their attention to Baroness Rose, who was still laying down on one of the stone beds.

"Black Star!" Centa called over to the hero. "Can you do anything about our lot in the force fields?"

"Let's see." Black Star said, squinting her eyes as she peered around the room.

Noting the pedestals and tables filling the chamber, an idea would flash through Sapphire's mind.

"Brother," she spoke, turning to Graviton. "Shield me!"

A smirk would form on Onyx's face, nodding to his twin sister before he charged towards her. Using his abilities, Graviton would begin to constrict the gravity around any knight targeting Black Star. With a few simple steps, the skeleton soldiers would be knocked off their feet, crashing into the walls or floors and getting crushed completely.

With the opportunity at the forefront, Sapphire lifted her hands into the air, chuckling as she did. Each pedestal and bed would suddenly begin to vibrate and shake, alerting Bonez and Skeletal to what was happening. It took only seconds for them to turn and face the shaking objects before they exploded into thousands of pieces of rock. As a result, a huge shockwave of black energy ripped through the room, knocking every entity in the area backwards.

As everyone hit the ground, dust would fill the air and everything would become silent, for just a second. Footsteps could be heard rushing about but as the dirt and grime settled, a group of five heroes would stand before them all.

Smirking and finally free, Freight-Tale, Disney Duchess, The Golden Edge, Bella-Rose Death and Baroness Rose would stand united. Looking out over everyone present, Freight-Tale would grin.

"Now we're about to get nuts!" he exclaimed, pumping his fist into the air.