14 - Refueling Rendezvous

The De Vil Rocket continued across the vastness of space, coming close to the Jyntrent System. As they kept on course, the crew didn't notice the presence of an undetectable ship, silently looming in on them from behind. With its cloaking device activated, the vessel slowly approached the De Vil Rocket, stalking them. Who knew when, or even if, the heroes would realise?

With time ticking along, the Spaceway Service Station soon came into view. The De Vil Rocket was fast approaching it, with them slowly beginning to descend. Coming up above the atmosphere of the mechanical platforms, both the rocket and the hidden ship landed in a nearby docking bay.

Landing on the alien metal venue, The De Vil Rocket would slide to a halt, as the hidden ship followed suit. With the engines shutting down, Fast Maker would stand up away from his seat, looking over to the heroes present.

"While Black Star sits with her brother, XLR8 and I will fetch the fuel for the rocket. It would be best if everyone else remained here," he explained.

Everyone agreed, nodding their heads in approval. So it was decided, the crew could remain in the ship, as the duo went off to get the fuel. Leaving the group behind, XLR8 and Fast Maker stepped onto the platform, making their way towards the large building that took up half of the platform. With a few quick steps, they made their way through the door, entering the building. With not a single soul walking about, everything seemed eerily quiet.

Making their way to a serving station nearby, the pair noticed the lack of staff around. Stopping before one of the stations, Ben leant over the desk, peering around for any signs of life.

"Hello... anyone here?" he yelled, knocking on the counter.

Slowly, a small figure appeared from behind a doorway. A male alien with green skin and a black tail, his face was concealed beneath an oversized helmet. Standing up straight, he glared at the duo, locking eyes with XLR8.

"What are you doing here?" he questioned, narrowing his eyes.

"We're here to refuel our ship..." XLR8 perked up. "This is the Spaceway Service Station, isn't it?"

"Yes, it is," the man replied.

The duo glanced around, studying how dead this place really was.

"Where's everyone?" XLR8 asked, noticing the strange absence of workers.

"We don't serve many individuals here, this system is dead. Only I reside here, keeping things running smoothly. I'm the only one who works here," he said.

"Do you know where we can find fuel for our ship?" Fast Maker pressed forward, wanting to get moving as quickly as possible.

"Fuel..." the man's voice trailed off, glancing down at some papers on a clipboard. "And which fuel would that be? Dark Matter Catalysts? Ionosphere Plasma? Galactic Core Energy?"

"Electrograviton Infinium," XLR8 informed him.

The man looked surprised, taking out a notepad and jotting down notes.

"You're the first person to come asking for Electrograviton Infinium in a long time... It's been years since anyone has requested it."

"How much does it cost?" Fast Maker enquired, eyeing the price on the paper.

"One hundred thousand Cosmo Coins per vessel," the man answered.

"Really?" XLR8's eyes widened, staring at the figure written down. "That's ridiculous!"

"That fuel is a nightmare to get round these parts. It's worth every penny," the alien chuckled. "So if you're willing to pay, I can get it for you."

Fast Maker frowned, glaring at the price. There was no way they could afford it, the crew made hardly anything as it was. But this couldn't wait. If they wanted to reach Ribernal as well as get home, they had no other choice but to buy it.