15 - Stakes On The Platform

Lola, Batsy and Enzo sat inside The De Vil Rocket's control room, waiting for the fuel to be delivered.

"It's taking quite some time, huh?" Lola remarked.

"Don't worry, it will be here soon enough," Batsy replied.

The trio were concerned about their missing friends, the ones Skeletal had taken. They wanted to find them and bring them back, but all they could do was wait. The longer they waited, the less likely they stood a chance of finding them. Not to mention, the more time Skeletal spent with them, the easier it would be for him to complete whatever he was up to.

"I wish I could fly out there myself..." Lola sighed.

Batsy placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"You don't need to do anything like that, Lola," he assured the girl. "Plus, it's likely you won't survive the journey in your Blinding Light form."

"That's true, but I feel as if I have to go! Sky and Megan... I don't know what I'd do without them," Lola admitted sadly.

"We'll find them, and you'll see them again," Batsy promised.

"Thanks, Hassan."

At that moment, Enzo would suddenly rise. With the hairs on the back of his neck standing up, he slowly walked over to a nearby window, staring outside in wonder. Something felt off, something didn't seem right.

"Enzo?" Lola called, following behind him.

"What is it?" Batsy asked, walking over to him as well.

"Something's not right..." Enzo mumbled as he stared out and onto the platform.

Suddenly the power to the ship cut out, along with the engines, causing the three to stumble backwards. Darkness spread throughout the entirety of the rocket, leaving them all in a state of panic. Peering around confused, they heard the sound of footsteps approaching. Within seconds, a horde of Neenas came charging into the room.

The multiple blue alien women attacked the trio, striking them with their punches and kicks. With the upper hand, they managed to knock the heroes back. Batsy attempted to fight back, but Neena's tactics were too much for him. Lola tried to intervene, but she too was overpowered by the women, quickly being forced onto her knees. But Apollo refused to go down so easily, managing to strike several blows against a few of their attackers. All the while, the other Neenas kept beating the additional pair up, until Batsy fell to his hands.

"I can't see anything..." the mutant bat whimpered, trying to block the pain coming through his body.

It was then that Apollo received a blow to the back of his head, causing him to stumble forward. His body fell against the console in the centre of the room, knocking over a few items, before hitting the ground. As Lola rose and stood between her two friends on the floor, she'd squint her eyes. Yelling in anger, her entire body would erupt into her iconic heavenly light form. Lighting up the entire room, the Neenas would gasp as the sudden glow temporarily blinded them.

As they yelled in pain and backed away from the heroine, Lola would kneel down towards Enzo. Looking over him in worry, she'd spot a bleeding wound on the back of his head. Surprised, she held her hand closer to get a better look. But as her hand moved towards the injury, it immediately began to heal. Lola was shocked, watching as Apollo's wound disappeared as if it never happened.

"Whoa!" Lola exclaimed, stunned by the fact that it healed instantly.

Sitting up and feeling the back of his head, Apollo too was stunned. He'd assumed it would take time for the wound to heal, especially with them being in space, but before anything could be questioned, the Neenas ran back for another round of attacks. This time though, Lola was prepared, sending light blasts towards each and every clone that targeted her.