13 - The Pirates' Assault

"We're being boarded!" Fast Maker announced, grabbing his goggles and putting them on.

The others quickly followed suit, readying themselves for whatever might come their way. Without wasting any time, the heroes scattered around the room, getting ready to fight. They had no idea what was going to happen next, but they knew if they didn't do something, things wouldn't be good for them.

As the pirates boarded the ship, the heroes realised they were blind. With no power, they had no way of tracking their opponents. But it didn't matter in the slightest, everyone was ready to fight. The crew of the De Vil Rocket quickly took positions as running footsteps echoed through the halls. A few moments later, the first enemy emerged from a corridor, a short blue woman, followed by another, then another, before at least ten blue-skinned women entered the room.

The heroes would emerge from the darkness, surrounding the intruders. All of the pirates froze at the sight of them, clearly shocked to see so many people. The identical female women gasped, backing towards one another. They looked confused, unsure of what to do.

"You guys don't look like any pirates I've seen before," Sapphire commented. "What do you want?"

The several blue women turned to face Black Star, clearly surprised by her.

"Who...what are you?! Why are you here?!" Lola added, causing them to then turn to her.

"We are Neena," one of them replied coldly, her voice stern. "You will submit!"

Apollo and Centa immediately burst out laughing, startling the others. Without another warning, the pair quickly charged forward to attack. They aimed to tackle the Neenas down, but they quickly followed suit. With five targeting Enzo and the other five targeting Cal, the two heroes quickly became overwhelmed. They struggled to defend themselves against the overwhelming onslaught of attackers, having to fight back against the highly trained aliens. It seemed the pair underestimated how skilled these women were.

Soon the duo were pushed back, with Centa tumbling into one of the consoles as Lola caught Apollo. She held him in place, using her strength to keep the hero still, while she moved herself before him, eyeing one of the Neenas.

"What do you want?" she asked calmly.

The alien woman smiled, looking at the hero with interest. Before she could speak, instead, a male voice came from the darkened hallway.

"I think you know exactly what we want," he called out, making the group look up at the same time.

Entering the control room, a tall man in a black sleek outfit entered the room with ease, his eyes scanning everyone present. They stopped immediately on Sapphire, with her eyes widening slightly. But before the man could say anything else, the Rockatrayen shook her head, speaking with horror.

"It... It can't be..." she whispered.

"Why hello again, sister..." the man smiled.

"Onyx..." she gulped.

"Graviton..." Lola added, sounding as shocked as Black Star. "How is this possible, how are you here?"

Onyx gave them a small smile before turning to the Neenas.

"You may have banished me from Earth, but I made some friends..." he chuckled. "We were here to steal from you... But now, I think we're going to take charge."

The Neenas all chuckled, staring down at different members of the group.

"I don't think so!" Fast Maker yelled as orange electricity surrounded his fists. "It's fighting time!"

Using his super-speed to sprint towards Graviton, the young hero quickly launched himself at the villain. He threw punches, sending powerful jabs towards the villain's body. But Graviton easily dodged each strike, only to counter with his own attacks. Soon, he'd throw Ben across the room as Onyx used his gravitational abilities.

The several Neenas would too jump into action, attacking the different heroes scattered around the room. XLR8 and Centa would stand side by side, sending punches towards the blue clones attacking them, meanwhile, Lola would send targeted light blasts to the one attacking her.

Black Star sprinted towards her brother, wanting everything to just stop. She just wanted her brother back, safe. Sliding past all the fighting happening around her, Sapphire arrived before him. Peering at Onyx, she stopped in place.

"How many times do we need to fight? How much more must we lose?" she screamed.

Onyx stood in front of her, looking down at the heroine.

"I've had time, to think... About you..." he spoke but would get quickly cut off.

As most of the heroes managed to incapacitate the several Neenas, another figure sprinted into the room. Looking like a pink and white female cyborg, she flew across the air towards Black Star. She suddenly tackled her to the ground, and the two erupted into a brawl. Sending several punches towards one another, the two continued to battle it out as they rolled across the floor.

Watching over this, Onyx felt something was wrong. He felt split on watching his sister fight, which was a first for him. Ever since the destruction of Titol, he couldn't help but watch when his sister was attacked. But now, he found himself torn about the fight. Something inside him began to stir.

"Guardian Babe, step down..." he yelled. "She's mine..."

The cyborg quickly rolled away from Black Star, with the female Rockatrayen using her gravity powers to grab her. With a flick of her hand, Guardian Babe was launched into the last remaining Neena. As the pair slumped to the ground, the other Neenas would disappear, forming back into the Neena underneath Guardian Babe.

Struggling to her feet, Black Star peered towards Graviton as Lola and Batsy joined her side. The trio looked towards Onyx with angered looks, all gripping their fists as they stared towards him.

"Let our ship go!" Batsy demanded.

Graviton laughed, looking at the trio as he stepped closer to them.

"I don't think so," he smirked. "This isn't over yet."

"Oh, I think it is!" Batsy squinted his eyes, releasing a huge sonic scream towards him.

Graviton was completely surprised, not seeing the attack coming. The force of the attack sent him flying backwards through the air, slamming into the wall behind him. Hitting his head against the hard surface, Graviton would fall unconscious, his body flopping to the floor like a sack of meat.

The group watched as Neena and Guardian Babe fled, running to their ship and leaving Graviton behind. They ran back to their vessel, disconnecting the harpoon and allowing power to return to the De Vil Rocket. Sapphire and the others laughed as the two female pirates engaged the engine of their ship, sailing away from the rocket and into space. With Graviton still onboard, Lola would kneel down towards him.

"That was annoying, but what do we do with him?" she asked.

Sapphire shook her head.

"Just take him to the holding cell," Fast Maker spoke over to XLR8.

XLR8 nodded his head, moving over to where Graviton lay unconscious. He quickly grabbed the villain by the arm and began dragging him along, with Apollo happily assisting.

Meanwhile, Fast Maker ran to the control panel, activating the thrusters, with BECKI swiftly coming back online as well. Once everything was connected again, the group came back together in the control room. The crew sat down and sighed with relief, looking at one another, confused about what to say.

Sapphire's mind was stuck on her brother, as Lola joined Ben's side as he sat in the pilot's seat. He soon turned to her, smiling.

"Nothing's going to stop us..." Fast Maker muttered, looking up at his sister.

"Well, there's no doubt about that..." she smirked back at him.