3. Time-lapse

(outfit looks are at the very end!)

______

Rhea

I live in a routine of questions. I wake up and ask myself, how'd I go from your highness, to your majesty? When did the universe decide I'd become Queen Rhea Windsor of Ovantasa? How long would I be excused to grieve, before I'm expected to be perfect?

In the past week since I've learned the unwelcomed news of a traitor, it's become clear of one thing. My world is full of death and secrets, and I don't know if I have the vitality to decipher it.

I stare in the mirror, wondering what hairstyle I want to wear to my meeting. Bellie has claimed she's found perfect guards. I love Bellie, however, I don't trust any of them, no matter who they are.

I decide to pull some of my hair in the front into two braids, letting the rest of my hair fall to the middle of my back. I walk back into my bed chambers, staring at my outfit, I concluded my search of clothes with a black blazer, black dress pants, black undershirt, and a pair of black heels. It seemed fitting for the occasion.

A knock vibrates at my bedroom doors, "Yes?" I call out. "Your Ma- Rhea, are you ready?" I hear Allen ask. I walk over to the doors, opening them, "Yes, let my grab my file on each of them."

Allen and I stride to my office quickly, I open the doors, swiftly gather the file, and make my way to the great hall.

I confidently open the double doors, as Allen stands to the side of me.

In front of me is an imperial staircase with a stair runner leading to a wide room, similar to a ballroom. I make my way down and immediately notice over 100 people standing in a straight file line horizontally, facing me. Each and every person bows, and I have to fight the urge to roll my eyes, formality is not my thing.

Ignoring my nerves as best as I can, I call out with a commanding tone, "You are all here to become my soldiers, however, I will examine and analyze you and your answers to my questions, if I don't find you suitable enough, you will not be employed."

Clearing my throat, I start calling names, "William Duncan, step forward." A brunette man stands in front of me, "Your Majesty," he bows.

_____________

After three hours of information from each person, I was exhausted and completely annoyed with humans in general.

Sitting on a bench, in my mothers garden, I began reminiscing of her.

Flashback - Rhea (12 years old)

"Rhea, what is your most favorable flower, or even plant?" My mother asked me. I sat there and thought about it for a few seconds before replying, "I don't have one, I don't know much about flowers, or the different kinds."

"Can I show you my favorite?" She questioned. My childlike grin was wide, "Yes!"

My mother smiled, "Follow me."

I followed her through long halls, leading to a exit door, all the way out to a wonderful and curiosity exploding garden, her garden. It had long rows, vertically aligned with more flowers I could ever count. "Mother, did you... do all of this?" I asked, my eyes roaming over every bloom implanted into the earth, beaming with life.

"A week after you were born, I started this garden, I wanted it to grow, and be full enough to show you, I decided now would be a perfect time," she smiled, then proceeded to gently grasp my hand, and pulled me over to a group of blossoms. I stared at the snowflake like pedals. "White baby's breath," she interjected, "The first flower I implanted in this garden."