Prevarication

The dinner was surprisingly peaceful for the trio, tae and namjoon deed all the talking while the revenett ate silently, although namjoon and taehyung kept stealing glances at the revenett who was quietly wincing in pain each time he moved his body.

After dinner jungkook cleared the dishes even after namjoon offered to help, but the revenett insisted that he needed no assistance and so namjoon decided to head back home.

The brunette escorted Namjoon out of the house and they bid their goodbyes.

The revenett was still washing the dishes when the brunette entered the kitchen.

"Hey Jeon!" The brunette called out, voice void of any emotion.

"Yes V?!" The revenett replied without taking his eyes of the dishes.

"Come to my room once you're done washing the dishes and taking your bath, ok?!" The brunette instructed more like commanded the revenett, then turned around and started leaving the kitchen without waiting for a reply from the revenett.

"Okay?" The revenett replied voice laced with confusion as he raised his head to look at the brunette but the said male had already walked out of the kitchen.

✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽

Namjoon's POV:

After having dinner with my cousin and his hostage, I walked into my car and started driving towards my apartment.

It would take me about an hour or so to get there, which gave me enough time to drown myself in my thoughts.

I was happy that I found taehyung, but I'm not sure if I can tell the rest of the family this my little discovery.

Call me selfish if you may but I don't want to put my cousin in harms way, no matter how reckless and stupid he has been.

Kidnapping and raping would get him at least 15 to 20years in jail with hard labour and I can't allow that to happen.

Telling the family would be placing my own flesh and blood in the hands of the devil and I sure as hell know he won't be able to survive the devil's wrath.

Jungkook has gone through so much in life, but that doesn't excuse his behaviour towards that innocent boy.

Eomma and I always knew that jungkook was traumatised by everything he saw and experienced in his appa's house when his eomma was still alive, not to mention after his eomma died.

We had suggested he goes for therapy but he insisted that he didn't need it and that he was fine, but look at what he has become. Holding an innocent boy hostage just because he fears being rejected and alone, how pathetic.

Do I regret hitting him? Yes, yes I do, but does he deserve it? Yes, yes he does and I would do it all over again and again even though it would keep on shattering me to pieces.

It hurts to know that the person you love so much has decided to ruin his life with his own hands.

Wasn't the love and affection enough?! I know that no matter how much love he's showered with, it won't be enough to fill the void in his heart, a void of a father's love, the void of a complete and happy home, the void his own father created and these facts alone hurt me more.

I can't let him suffer more than he already has. He deserves it I know, but I won't be able to live with myself if anything tragic happens to him again.

✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽✍🏽

After what seemed like hours, I finally arrived home.