Chapter 2

Next morning
At the Rajput palace

Vanika woke up to see the other side of the bed empty , without any crease , the bedsheet clearly said that her husband hadn't shown his presence in the room the last night. Shaking her head she went towards the washroom to perform her morning duties, as if she knew that he wouldn't come leaving his mother alone, atleast not after the whole drama that took place yesternight .
She did her chores quickly as she remembered about the two surgeries which were lined up for her to perform today . Coming out in just a burgundy bathrobe, which merely reached till her mid thighs, Vanika let out a shriek when she saw her husband lazily lying on the bed , scrolling through his mobile phone with a frown plastered on his handsome face .

" Don't freak out , as if I haven't seen you like this before . " Ruhan said casually diverting his attention from the mobile and staring at her directly in her eyes.
Heat rushed up to her ears and cheeks making them red as she tried hard not to blush .

" Shut up" she tried to snap at him , but failed miserably as it came out like a little whisper and nothing more .

Ruhan rolled his eyes and went towards the washroom to perform his morning chores.

This man had been impossible since the time she had known him . Shaking her head at his ignorant behaviour, she decided to get dressed quickly, because she had a tight schedule for today with two two complicated surgeries lined one after the other and then the OPD for the rest of the day, uff ! It's really gonna be hectic. Vanika thought. And not to forget the fiasco created by her youngest brother-in-law who was, god knows where, after yesterday's drama . So giving a pep talk to herself for staying strong throughout the day, she wore a beautiful pink kurti with peacock print pairing it with white cigrette pants and white dupatta ( stall) , applying a nude lipstick and eye liner, she was completely ready to start her day, when her, not so loving hubby , decided to come out of the bathroom in just his trackpants and a towel around his neck, rubbing his hairs with towel. The water droplets slowly running down from his face to his Adam 's apple and then stopping at his perfectly carved chest made her heart beat faster than it's usual self. She felt her mouth getting dry , when her eyes further landed on his clean shaved chest and perfectly carved six pack abs which were the results of his vigorous workout every morning. She was so busy in eye raping him that she didn't even realised , him standing very close to her .
" Take a picture it would last longer " She  came to her senses, when she heard his deep husky voice, dripping with sarcasm.
She was about to give an excuse for her embarrassing behaviour, but was stopped by the ringing of his mobile phone and taking the call , Ruhan disappeared in the closet.
Sighing, Vanika made her way downstairs.
✨✨✨✨✨✨

Sanvi was coming out of the kitchen when she saw her elder sister in law coming towards her , with the usual vibrant smile adoring her lips . Don't know why , Sanvi had always found Vani's presence, the most soothing in the house , maybe it was because of the lady's aura , which always held the positive vibes, spreading happiness all around.

Returning back the smile, Sanvi hurriedly pulled Vani inside the kitchen, and whispered in a very low voice
" did bade bhaiya tell you anything."

She wanted to know all about the matters which took place yesternight in their mother in law's room and she was somewhere sure that , Ruhan might have told Vanika , something , which she, being a curious cat , wanted to know.

" About what?" Asked Vanika, though she knew what her younger sister in law was talking about.

" About maa saa, why is was crying so much yesterday , ..... don't you think there's something more than Rey's sudden marriage, for her breakdown." Sanvi let out her thoughts to Vanika

" Well even I feel the same, but can't say something because, I myself have no idea about anything. " Vanika sighed

" Hmmm.... didn't bhaiya tell you anything? "

" Huhh , you are speaking about telling me something and he didn't even come to our room yesterday."

" Uhhu , why are these brothers so wierd  bhabhi . " said Sanvi , scrunching her nose in annoyance.

" Situations and incidents change people , Sanu , not everyone is actually like,  how they appear to be. " Vanika replied absent mindedly , as of thinking about something deep .

" What do you mean bhabhi? " Sanvi asked keenly looking at her .

" Nothing.... ummm did you check upon Maa saa ." Vanika said trying to divert the question asked by Sanvi.

" Actually, yes I had gone to her room but she was sleeping, so I thought not to disturb her . " Sanvi replied , while moving more closer to Vanika whereas Vanika took two steps back, surprised by her sudden closeness,
" What are you doing Sanu , I'm not Rivan , I'm Vanika, your sister in law."

" I know that bhabhi. "  " Then why are you coming so closer to me , lady?" Vanika asked, raising her eyebrows.

" Ohho bhabhi, stop overthinking nonsense, okay , I wanted to ask you something which is veryyyyy secretive, that's why I moved closer. " Sanvi replied rolling her eyes, in a very dramatic tone which was reciprocated by her ,
not-so-less- dramatic bhabhi , "  Oooooo , ok ok , now tell tell what is this SECRETIVE TALK of yours , about." Vanika asked being over excited. Though she was a neurosurgeon, but at times, her antics would be similar to that of a little child who becomes excited upon seeing a pack of his favourite chocolates. Infact this was common in all the 3 Rajput Brides, who were habitual of becoming over excited on every little thing and if it would be a gossip, then they could happily spend their whole day chit chatting with each other and providing their Oh-so-valuable inputs on the topic.

" You know what, I was thinking that, we should go and check upon Rey's bride , I mean ofcourse it was unexpected but still she has become a part of our family now , so atleast we can talk to her and get to know about her a lil bit, what do you say ? " Sanvi said wiggling her eyebrows.

" Hmm I think you are right, Rey has not been home since yesternight and none of us visited her after Dadi-sa sent her in her room, so we should go , anyways she is so young and did you see how badly the poor girl was crying, maybe we can make her comfortable. " Vanika said looking upstairs towards Reyansh's room .

Nodding her head they both went to see the new and the youngest daughter in law of the Rajputs .

After looking at each other's face, Sanvi decided to knock at the door but to her surprise, the door wasn't locked , and as soon as she pushed it a little, it opend wide ajar revealing the fourth daughter in law of the house sitting on the floor with her eyes closed and her state completely disheveled.

........... please vote and comment if you liked it.
Thanks 😊