Chapter 22

It was 2:30 in the morning and a boy was recklessly driving on the roads of Jaipur,  driving as fast as he could,  simultaneously looking at his watch , time to time , with stress lines visible on his face , he was none other than Reyansh  , who was too restless and troubled, and wanted to reach his home as soon as he could. 

While talking to Ahana last night,  he felt her crying,  which she surely was and that dejected him, that while keeping his promise,  he was  lagging behind in taking care of the girl whose responsibility he had taken , and who had so many hopes from him . He was getting pissed in his own internal  battle,  when suddenly a sharp bright light flashed infront of his car , followed by a loud honk and Reyansh went too numb to even respond,  when he saw a truck coming too close to his car , just a little distance  away from hitting into him , he felt chills down his spine and his heartbeat accelerated in such a way that it felt like his heart would pound out of his mouth . He wasn't able to move his body even a bit , but then suddenly , out of nowhere,  Ahana's face flashed in front of his eyes , and it felt as if something or someone had possessed him , in just fraction of minutes he changed the gears of his car and turned it sideways with full force and as a result , his car went  down the road , but it's breaks failed and his fast moving car collided with a tree crushing down the bonnet.  The collision was so intense , that the car's engine caught fire and Reyansh , somehow managed to come out of it, with a   bleeding head and  bruised left arm  .

Drained out mentally and physically  , Reyansh fell on a distance away from the burning car , and slowly his eyes started drooping with dizziness.  In no time , he passed out there only . 

Time  passed at it's usual speed and Reyansh felt a sharp pain shooting through his head , he tried opening his eyes , but even doing that felt a task to him . At last when he finally manged to regain his consciousness,  he found himself lying on the hospital bed , with tubes attached to his hand and the medicinal smell of hospital hit his nose making him nauseous.  

He moved his eyes to look around and found Rishan sleeping with his head dropped on the  back of the couch he was sitting on . At first he couldn't figure out what had happened but then slowly he started recalling the events that happened before he passed away. He started mentally cursing himself for being so careless and once again troubling his family, as seeing Rishan over there he got a clear idea that everybody must be knowing about his accident and Ahana , poor her she would have been too tensed once again . He felt too guilty and all these thoughts didn't help , but added to his miseries as his head started throbbing badly this time. 

He hissed and clutched his head with his right hand which was wasn't much wounded as compared to the left one.

Sensing some movement around , Rishan woke up hurriedly and wave of relief passed through his body when he saw , his little brother all well and good.  

He rushed towards Reyansh and touched his head , which was covered with bandage all around .

" Thank  God you are  up Reyu, is it hurting too much?" Rishan asked with concern.  

" yeah a little bit. " He said lowly

" it's good that you aren't hurt much ." Rishan said sitting next to his brother. 

" hmm.....bhaiya .....umm for how long I have been here. And....is ...everyone here" Reyansh asked with hesitation , and regretted it next moment as it it felt too silly to ask this question. 

" well , answer your first question is that you had been unconscious for about two hours or so as it's 5 in the morning right now and for your second question,  the answer is that no one is here because none of them know about your accident except me and before you ask how do I know then the answer for that is  that a colleague of mine was passing from the  way,  where your accident happened,  when he saw your car and your state , he called me ." Rishan said explaining him all in a single go.

Listening to him , Reyansh felt relieved that atleast not everyone was again disturbed because of him , that too at this hour . He came back out of his thoughts by his brother's voice , who was looking suspiciously at him , in return to which he gave a questioning look to Rishan , indicating him to ask out whatever was in his mind. 

" Where were you all the time ?" Came Rishan's very first question,  which made Reyansh nervous , but he tried his best to hide his expressions and answered " didn't bhabhi Maa tell you about veer.......

" oh please!  Stop lying  I'm no fool to get in your stupid words, if you were really with veer  , then why were driving on that road which is  completely opposite to the hospital side , and connects the outskirts to main city ." Said Rishan cutting him in middle,  and looking at his face keenly . 

Reyansh knew what his brother was trying to do , he was completely in his witty lawyer form , and he was using the same skills here with him .

" bhaiya....actually.....vo ...ummm" Reyansh wasn't getting any idea as to what to say to his brother,  which increased Rishan's suspicion. 

" so you , again lied , huh? Now tell me where were you." Rishan asked strictly.

" I was with Aashi." Reyaansh told him the truth,  because he knew that now there was no point hiding anything from him because if not today then tomorrow he would get to know everything by his own means. Also he wanted to share out everything that he had within with someone,  as he couldn't take  anymore the guilt of lying to Ahana and everyone. It felt like he was cheating on her. 

" what  .....what the heck ....what were you doingwith Aashi so late that too on your receptionday." Rishan was shocked upon Reyansh's reply .

" Bhaiya please....before making any assumptions please listen to me and try to understand my point of view as well " Reyansh requested his brother who seemed to be somewhat confused and engaged by the whole thing. 

" Are you by any chance cheating on Ahana." Rishan asked , with uncertainty .

" What!  Noo.... it's not like what you are thinking , Me and Aashi we don't have any kind of romantic feelings for each other neither we have it today nor did  we ever had" Reyansh said in his defense. 

" Then why were you so much adamant about marrying her earlier.....oh God Rey , what's going on man , I'm getting so confused." Rishan said being annoyed  by all the nuisance created by his younger brother. 

" Bhaiya , bhaiya listen to me ....just understand that whatever I'm doing for Aashi or whatever I did , was all for her , and that because I'm bound by a promise. A promise which I need to keep , till my last breath." Reyansh said looking at the ceiling. 

" which promise are you talking about. " Rishan asked staring at his brother's face intently. 

" A promise that I made to ANANAT ." Saying so Reyansh got lost in the alleys of past .

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

Heyyyyyoooo peeps here we go with a fresh new update of your lovely story with your bubbly author.  Thank you for waiting patiently 🙏 and now it's time to vote and comment and share .

Plus don't forget to follow for small spoilers. Heheheheeeh