Chapter 16

Ahana was sitting before the mirror, all decked up for her reception. Yes , it was her reception tonight, but she couldn't forget how perfectly her brother in laws had managed to tackle the situation infront of their father,  whose aura only screamed supremacy,  power and control.  The looks on his face were so intimidating when he was confronting Reyansh,  which grew more intense when Rishan arrived with her fake family . He was even ready to punch the old man who was pretending to be her father,  when her fake family members narrated the whole cooked up story,  infront of the Rajput family.  Poor man , she thought to herself. She was feeling a euphoria of mixed emotions inside her . She was happy,  nervous , sad , anxious,  grateful and what not . A strong tug on her hairs pulled her out from her thoughts. She looked at the hairdresser who passed her an apologetic look , in return of which Ahana just gave a small smile of assurance and looked at herself in the mirror. Her eyes brimmed with tears when she looked at her reflection in the mirror,  just a week ago,  she was dressed the same , but there was a huge difference between that day and today , as on that day she was going to be sold , her dignity and chastity,  her everything was going to be crushed brutally,  but today,  today here she was sitting all decked up in the traditional Rajasthani  Rajputi Poshak  , along with the  heavy jewelries , including the Borla , Aad necklace,  The raani haar ,  Bangadi , and  Chooda ,all the typical Rajasthani jewelries,  which were necessary to wear  for any newly wedded royal bride , as  this is what her mother-in-law had told  while handing them over to her  yesterday. 

" you are looking real beautiful

" you are looking real beautiful ."
Ahana blinked away her unshed tears , when she heard  a voice from behind and she turned to find her  sister in laws , elegantly dressed in the same as she was dressed,  just the difference was that they were wearing pastel shades and she wess wearing dark red coloured one . The one which Vanika was wearing was pale pink in color, Sanvi 's was in baby blue color and that of Vidhi was in mint green color. 

" thank you bhabhi,  you'll are also looking very pretty,  no wait you'll are looking magnificent. " She said looking at the them , and thanking Vanika for her  compliment .

" magnificent my foot, it's too fucking annoying to roam around wearing this thing , struggling to handle it every now and then , I literally feel like an event trophy,  decorated with all sorts of colorful ribbons and fancy things,  huh ." Vidhi huffed once again setting up the chunari on her head .
Ahana looked at her with wide eyes,  while Sanvi tried hard to suppress her laugh. 
" Don't you think you should start using a filter while you speak. " Vanika said glaring at Vidhi,  to which she just gave her a sheepish smile and again said pouting " but di , isn't it Ahana's reception,  why are we forced to wear it ."
" because we are the Rajput Brides,  remember?  We have to show are wealth and status at every step,  stop being fussy , Vidhu." Sanvi said winking while Vidhi winked at her saying " yeah right,  we are The Rajput brides,  and let's welcome the another one in this
hell. "
Her words madd Ahana's eyes grow as big as saucers,  while Sanvi's smirk grew more but soon they both got light smack from Vanika who was glaring at both of them. 
" you both won't change,  will you ?" She said
And both the girls shook their heads in no and giggled together which brought a smile on Ahana's face as well .