Chapter 21

The reception went well and ended on a good note , only the missing piece was the groom , who was at the hospital with his best friend who was struggling between life and death , as per what was told by his eldest sister-in-law to the whole family , and the guests . Moreover no one bothered much about the topic knowing how was Reyansh's bond with Veer, his best friend. Only if any of them knew what reality was.

Vanika was in her room, taking off her jewelleries, as to get changed and freshen up , when her husband decided to show up from the bathroom just in his track pants and a towel hanging around his neck . She looked at him through the mirror, and took in all his moves as he went forward to take out a t-shirt for himself but then suddenly he turned around and caught her staring at him . An instant smirk surfaced on his face, as he saw her going all worked up and becoming nervous. Throwing the towel on the nearby couch , he took his steps towards his wife , who was dumbfounded till now but soon her expressions shouted horror and astonishment as she saw him coming towards her , which was so unlike of his behaviour , atleast since the past few years.  Yes , he used to tease her sometimes,  which was very rare as well,  but except that he never ever tried approaching her in the romantic way, their interactions were just limited till discussing some family issues or discussing their respective work otherwise they hardly used to have any kind of talks let alone romance.

Vanika came out of her thoughts when she felt his cold hands on her neck , and found him unclasping the hook of her neck piece and slowly yet sensually taking it off from her neck,  while looking at her through the mirror which gave her goosebumps all over her body .

Ruhan smiled at his wife's reaction and bend down to her level keeping his chin on her shoulder, he took her hands in his and said " Are you  angry with me? "

Despite of her nervousness and rapid beating heart, Vanika's lips moved and a counter question left her lips even without her knowledge " What for ?" 

" For snatching away your love from you " he answered looking intensely at her through the mirror. 

Vanika had now recovered herself from the nervousness and had partially controlled her fast  beating heart , or that is what she thought at that moment before replying " I can't be , even if I want to , and you know it very well." 

A small smile made its appearance on his lips , as soon as these words left her lips . Grabbing her shoulders he turned her around so that she was facing him now and he himself got on his knees grabbing her hands in his he stared at their intertwined hands for a moment and then looked up to see his love's face , only to witness her beautiful eyes pooled up with tears , which were ready to flow anytime.  His heart pained , looking at her like this . He knew how much she had yearned for him , for his love and for them to be together,  but it was all his stupidity and his fault,  which had led them drift apart even after being close to each other.  He had broken her heart,unknowingly , but now he knew it was the time to mend up everything,  be it his relation with her or his relation with his brother,  and his brother's relation with his wife , because he knew that none of them deserved it.

" Why now?" Vanika's  question made snapped him out of his thoughts , and he tighten his grip on her hand before answering. 

" because now I can't live without my love anymore ."

His words made Vanika burst into tears as she sobbed hugging him tightly , wetting his naked chest with her raw tears,  which felt like an piercing nail to Ruhan's heart but he focused himself on consoling her broken self. 

" can't we have a fresh start? " he asked with lots of hope and a thumping heart .

Listening to his words , Vanika looked at him for a second,  meeting his eyes and then